Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello from Olympia, WA

Hey everybody,
    Midwestern transplant living my best life in Olympia, WA for about 6 years now and loving it. I've had an eno doublenest and a kammock roo for a few years now both used exclusively for lounging (aka lollygagin). I've been shopping for a backpacking hammock for a while and that, and some YouTube videos by the illustrious Shug, is what brought me here. I have it narrowed down to the warbonnet blackbird xlc, dutchware chameleon and dream hammocks sparrow. With the wife and daughter factored in I could very well eventually end up with all three. I'm leaning towards the blackbird but Dream Hammocks is from the same state I'm originally from.I'm 38, married and have a nine year old daughter. This is my latest hobby and possibly my cheapest, which should tell you something. Glad to be here,seems like a nice place and I'm looking forward to being able to look at some of your pictures now that I have the seal of approval.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly + HG DFC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Welcome. You can't go wrong with any of those choices. Surprisingly, my wife has put up with my camping and hammock hobby the best. I think it's because she doesn't realize these hammocks and quilts are all different and not the same quilt.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Welcome! I grew up in Olympia but moved away in '98. You can't go wrong with Dream Hammock. I have two, and they are fantastic!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Well, you're living in this Midwesterner's #1 bucket list destination for hiking. Congrats on your escape, and welcome to HF.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    Dutch Cameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG Burrow,Phoenix
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Welcome dude, I am super jealous of you being up in the PNW. I am from there, but I currently live in the Communist Country of California. As soon as I retire I will be back up there. Anyhow, welcome again.
    Hindsight is always 20/20

• + New Posts