Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Newlyofftheground - where do you find trees above 10,000 ft? Or are you using rock climbing gear in cracks?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've seen plenty of trees above 11,000 ft in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

From 60* up I'll typically use a flannel windproof picnic blanket to line the inside of the hammock instead of my 20* hammock under quilt. In warm weather, I use a 70* compact synthetic bag that compresses to about the size of a water bottle. Paired with the flannel blanket I stay warm. (I'm a warm sleeper anyway).

This weekend, it got down to 40* and I was sweating in my 20* under quilt and a 32* mummy bag that I was using as a top quilt.

- Clyde

I got drunk and fell asleep on my waterbed in college without the mattress cover or sheet on it. The water bed heater was set at 82 maybe and I am pretty sure my body temperature in the the morning was . . . 82. It would have to be above 80 at night for me to do it and I am a warm sleeper. Bet I would freeze on a breezy 75 degree night unless I compensated with too much insulation on top.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Just spent a few nights in a local state park, and midway through the first night (lows of around 71-73) decided I wanted my UQ — for summer I use a Thermarest Slacker Snuggler that I got on sale at one point. Didn’t need any top insulation, but it worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Just tried this experiment last weekend - fell asleep with my sleeping bag fully open in blanket mode, just a thin pad underneath. (One of those Klymit ones with the holes.) I'm guessing the temp got down to around 65º and I woke up cold. Once I got fully in the sleeping bag I was fine.

And since then, I have been re-researching on here how to make an underquilt with the materials I bought a couple years ago and never got around to using.

I've wished for one in FL with low around 75 sleeping in my DIY monolite GE. I thought an UQP might be enough for those conditions, but don't have one. Next time out in similar conditions, I took 40 UQ and DIY 1.6 Hexon GE, and slept well. I started with TQ at my feet, pulled it up in the middle of the night. By morning, TQ was back at my feet and UQ pulled to the side.

Hammock
    Jacks R Better Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    Paladin
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    In Havasupai the night temps were about 65 degrees. A perfect temperature for not having an UQ for me.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Up here in BC, i am fine without an underguilt to about 24*C. Anything lower than that, and the wind sends a chill through my back. I sleep with my snugpack jungle blanket and stay plenty warm, but now put my 0* Burrow underquilt on and vent it out. Nice and comfy (im a warm sleeper too).

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    There's been times when I'm elk hunting and midday I take an afternoon nap out in the field and wish I had an underquilt when it was even 65 to 70°,! It gets cold fast without an under quilt

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast