WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

New Warbonnet Hammock Help

I'm looking to get a new Warbonnet hammock and in doing research it appears that the WBB XLC seems to be the overwhelming favorite of almost everyone. When looking into it closer (and I could be wrong here which is why I'm posting this and you guys could correct me), it is the exact same as the Eldorado except for the shelf. Same length, material, removable bug net, flipped lay, etc. The Eldorado is actually a couple ounces lighter because of the lack of shelf. I have never had a hammock with a shelf before, does the shelf really come in that handy? Is it worth the extra $55? Or is there something else that I'm missing that differentiates the two?

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Pretty much correct its just the BB XLC without a shelf. I've tried just about every hammock under the sun and came back to my original blackbird for the shelf and the fact its about the only hammock you can sit in like a chair that gives some back support. Just my personal preference of course.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Thanks for the response. I'm more than willing to spend the extra money if people have similar responses-of all the hammocks they've tried this is the best. If it's not something people use as often as they thought they would, I'll save some money and go with the Eldorado. Especially because it has all the same accessory capability as the XLC.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    I went with the Eldorado over the BB XLC as well and got a peak bag and ridgeline organizer for "stuff" I need while in the hammock. My thought was that I saved a bit of cash for no appreciable loss of functionality.

The XLC does look really cool with both sides staked out though. I'll probably pick up the winter topcover for my AT LASH next February and that comes with the shelf too.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sls25 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I'm more than willing to spend the extra money if people have similar responses-of all the hammocks they've tried this is the best. If it's not something people use as often as they thought they would, I'll save some money and go with the Eldorado. Especially because it has all the same accessory capability as the XLC.
    The unique hanging stuff sack he supplies for the Eldorado goes a long way to replicating the storage of the shelf. I'm just lazy and like to chuck clothing etc into the shelf. The stuff sack obviously just requires more folding and thought. The only other benefit about the shelf I forgot to mention is that it does pull down the "wall" side of the hammock a bit, which I appreciate. Not a deal breaker though. If he made a ten foot non modular Eldorado I'd probably give up the shelf due to my weight weeniness. The deal breaker for me is the chair feature which both Eldorado and Blackbird can achieve.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You got it right. Love the shelf but I seem to take my Eldorado out the most. I add my ridgeline holder and that takes place of the shelf for me.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

The same except for the shelf. My two cents, unless weight is an overriding concern (at which point, you should not be considering a Warbonnet hammock) spend the extra $$ and get the Blackbird. The shelf is awesome! Also, you can offset the extra cost by buying second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie and LL TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I really like the shelf as the go to stuff it spot for the hammock. Lots of room without being in the way like a ridgeline organizer. One reason I bring the bugnet in winter is because I would miss the shelf too much.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reznix View Post
    I really like the shelf as the go to stuff it spot for the hammock. Lots of room without being in the way like a ridgeline organizer. One reason I bring the bugnet in winter is because I would miss the shelf too much.
    Never found my ridgeline organizer gets in my way as I can slide it where I want and pusik knots hold it.
    Sometimes though I have a shelf and ridgeline organizer ......
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie and LL TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I just mean that I end up pushing the ridgeline organizer around a lot compared to the shelf that I lob things into. It's like a big bucket to put stuff in on the side. Now I have been know to use the shelf, a ridgeline organizer and a peak bag because, well, one can never have too many storage options to experiment with.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast