DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Thanks for sharing.. I've watched that vid a few times. Well done.

Also sent you a PM hoping you could help me with the math for the single line suspension, which I see you offered to do for another member. Maybe you can take a minute and respond as it would be helpful. I have a working single line suspension I made a few years ago in collaboration with Sqidmark, but we are both prone to over-engineering things and my design can use some refinement.

Thanks in advance!!
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Thanks for sharing.. I've watched that vid a few times. Well done.Also sent you a PM hoping you could help me with the math for the single line suspension, which I see you offered to do for another member. Maybe you can take a minute and respond as it would be helpful. I have a working single line suspension I made a few years ago in collaboration with Sqidmark, but we are both prone to over-engineering things and my design can use some refinement.Thanks in advance!!
    Sorry, Extra. I'm still working on responding to your PM. I'm happy to help. You'll get a response by the end of the day.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    so many!
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG + diy or a WB
    Suspension
    whoopieeeee slings
    Nice video. Thanks. I’ll have to play around to mimic the tarp to suspension setup you have. Seems like some saved setup time to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Thanks for the video, good stuff. Could you fill out a Lighterpack list or something so that we can browse through the details? It's a lot easier than rewinding 15 times to get more details again.

Also, I'm looking forward to the bonefire website to be up again. I've always assumed the gear was not aimed towards people going light, and I also didn't know you make packs. Thanks for posting.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dtp2c111 View Post
    Nice video. Thanks. I’ll have to play around to mimic the tarp to suspension setup you have. Seems like some saved setup time to me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me know if you need help. It's a fun math equation, even if it needs some tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    Thanks for the video, good stuff. Could you fill out a Lighterpack list or something so that we can browse through the details? It's a lot easier than rewinding 15 times to get more details again.Also, I'm looking forward to the bonefire website to be up again. I've always assumed the gear was not aimed towards people going light, and I also didn't know you make packs. Thanks for posting.
    Here is my spreadsheet for the gear in the video. Something either in this list or the one I was originally using has the weight off by a pound, but I think it might be my old one.

The Bonefire Gear™ site won't be coming back as far as I can tell. I'm happy to work with friends and I have had people reach out to me through Facebook, but my official comercial days are behind me.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    The Bonefire Gear™ site won't be coming back as far as I can tell. I'm happy to work with friends and I have had people reach out to me through Facebook, but my official comercial days are behind me.
    Ah, looks like you have a good reason too. Similar reason to why my backpacking has been sharply curtailed the last year or so.

Any recommendations for buying integrated, lightweight hammock/UQ combos these days? I've always found them interesting.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    Ah, looks like you have a good reason too. Similar reason to why my backpacking has been sharply curtailed the last year or so.
    Any recommendations for buying integrated, lightweight hammock/UQ combos these days? I've always found them interesting.
    Sheltowee Gear bought the design. Alex has been working in insulated hammocks for a while. I'm not sure if he'll offer the original Whisper or not, but I know that it still has a following. Maybe he could make one for you. I've been playing around with insulated bridge hammocks, but I haven't figured out the bugnet very well yet.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    so many!
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG + diy or a WB
    Suspension
    whoopieeeee slings

Ultralight Full Comfort Pack List: Gear, Food, & Clothes

I mimic’d your setup. Had to freeze frame it to see how you had it. Just have to get some cinch buckles now so I can adjust the straps better than with the Marlin knot to carabiner setup, which isn’t as quick, but still works.

I’ll have to try it outside tomorrow to see how the tarp changes once I sit in the hammock.

Note, grey amsteel has a soft shackle to quickly remove. I did trim that loose line after the photo though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dtp2c111; 05-25-2020 at 18:48.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    e-mail inbound
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/ WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetles
    As long as it isn't top secret, it may be beneficial to do a video on your single-line suspension. I've also tried to do something similar, but have ran into the "tarp-sag" you've managed to calculate out. Great Video!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast