Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Logic View Post
    As long as it isn't top secret, it may be beneficial to do a video on your single-line suspension. I've also tried to do something similar, but have ran into the "tarp-sag" you've managed to calculate out. Great Video!
    Two steps to help Avoid the sag are make sure that you hammock suspension is as close to 30 degrees as possible then hang the tarp. Second is the shock cord guy line tensioners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Logic View Post
    As long as it isn't top secret, it may be beneficial to do a video on your single-line suspension. I've also tried to do something similar, but have ran into the "tarp-sag" you've managed to calculate out. Great Video!
    I agree. This will be the hammock suspension of the future...for me anyway. At this point I am seriously evaluating replicating the entire system. Not sure why the integrated hammock bottom insulation didn't catch on and blow up things more right from the start. Probably initial sticker shock. But when broken down price points are certainly not out of line and it certainly does away with additional UQ suspension and all the problems that come with proper adjustment. Add of few points for trimming weight, and they start looking like a bargain. Lets face it. It costs to put the U with the L.

This was a great vid

Thanks FIMB
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Treedscape BigPaw
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Treedscape BigHeat
    Suspension
    Straps + Whoopies
    Thanks for sharing FIMB. I really like the setup.

I'm in the design phase for a new pack project. I really like the incorporated bear can. Everywhere I go in the Pacific Northwest has critters large and small that want at my food. Also, Amsteel instead of straps?! Serious ultralight street cred right there. I'm also considering addition of a top pocket for straps and stakes like you have.

I also like the simplicity of the entire sleep system and the clothes items I need just as I set it up being all included in the hammock. I already borrowed that idea. Saves time and stuff sacks. Nice.

As was mentioned above, your combination suspension is fantastic. I know the shock cord on the tie outs helps with this, but have you had any issues with hammock sway?

Your complete package is so well thought through. I like the bias for simplicity and efficiency. When the weather hits it's nice to have shelter be so easily accessible, and more importantly, you've got to be able to set up camp faster than the tenters!

I'm sad that your gear isn't available any longer. I like the innovative design approach. Best of luck to you moving forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" - Elbert Hubbard

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345