Warbonnet BBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly + HG DFC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I have four different tabs in my spreadsheet. The first is my primary gear tab, and due to the layout and calculations, it has 180 rows. The second is for food and acts as a catalogue of my current food supply. The food I select populates my pack on the first tab and changes my final load calculation as well as displays my protein and calorie total for the trip.
    If I bring extra clothes, it is a shirt to sleep in (usually), maybe a spare pair of socks (rarely), and a spare pair of underwear (trips over a week only). I don't hike in a beanie unless it's below 20F. I hike with my running cap and a Buff pulled over my ears until it gets really cold.

That's why I'm contemplating just adding it back to the kit along with a fire starting cube.

The pack is a combination design between the Bonefire Gear™ Sparrow (my first pack design, frameless) and the Bonefire Gear™ Eagle (my second pack design with a full frame, limited run only as it took almost 30hrs to make). I call it the Bonefire Gear™ Raven (being in between the two sizes). Since the bear canister has almost the same curve as the average human lumbar, it made sense to carry the heaviest load at the hips for most efficient load transfer while retaining comfort and assisting with spinal alignment on long treks. The Eagle and the Raven both have a pocket built into the base of the pack specially designed to hold the bear canister as part of the structure of the pack. The first and second prototypes held a BearVault500 (and one made for a good friend), all of the others are designed around the Bearikade Weekender. The Raven weighs 13oz, is waterproof enough for me not to worry about most water crossings or the pouring rain, and has an 14L capacity up top (plus the 11L Bear Canister).
    30 hours. Is that because it was a one of a kind or can you shorten that production time down with more volume?

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisc View Post
    30 hours. Is that because it was a one of a kind or can you shorten that production time down with more volume?
    Some of it has to do with the uniqueness of the pack, the rest is volume. I did four packs at once three years ago, and it dropped the average time to 20 hours per pack.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6 Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    TG WinterTorrent
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/LL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Cheers for the great Vid. Very informative.

Definitely given me some ideas.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Thanks for sharing your video it's impressive and informative.

The tarp & hammock suspension system is cool, Alex had something similar at the Florida Hangcon last year. I tried to replicate his system and then found something similar to yours by Jaxx on youtube.
    Last edited by greyhound352; 05-17-2020 at 08:01.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Is any of this gear still available?

Last trip out @around 22 pounds i tweaked my sciatic nerve and really need to consider cutting my weights. I know just switching gear is not the answer but The Hammock and Suspension are just going to become a must, and well i would need another pack. Right?
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whenever I backpack in warm weather I feel like I'm going ultralight. (compared to Minnesota late Fall and Winter trips)
    So easy to pack less.
    Water, fuel and food still are the main culprits to adding weight.
    I'm sad if I don't tote candy bars.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I love these videos. Never fails that either I learn something new to try or at least get confirmation that I'm doing something right (or at least have the same ideas as others).

Watched it last night. Excellent job, FIMB!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Love your vids! Your one of the people that got me thinking about crossing to the dark side! Love my chameleon! Did art loeb, FHT, TRT and doing HST to JMT nobo this September. Definitely taking the hammock! Did JMT few years back on the ground sobo....hanging nobo should rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Do you have your gear list here listed out with weights? I'd love to compare a bit, your base weight is the same as mine and I don't have a 2lb bear canister. Thanks for the video!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoblin View Post
    Cheers for the great Vid. Very informative.Definitely given me some ideas.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your video it's impressive and informative.The tarp & hammock suspension system is cool, Alex had something similar at the Florida Hangcon last year. I tried to replicate his system and then found something similar to yours by Jaxx on youtube.
    I'm glad you found in informative. Yes, Alex bought my hammock design last year to help fund the adoption of my little boy. Let me know if I can help with the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Is any of this gear still available?Last trip out @around 22 pounds i tweaked my sciatic nerve and really need to consider cutting my weights. I know just switching gear is not the answer but The Hammock and Suspension are just going to become a must, and well i would need another pack. Right?
    Alex is making the insulated hammock now. I still sell packs, but now longer a vendor, just for friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Whenever I backpack in warm weather I feel like I'm going ultralight. (compared to Minnesota late Fall and Winter trips)So easy to pack less.Water, fuel and food still are the main culprits to adding weight.I'm sad if I don't tote candy bars.Shug
    Warm weather helps a lot. My pack can add 10 pounds rather quickly in the heavy cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    I love these videos. Never fails that either I learn something new to try or at least get confirmation that I'm doing something right (or at least have the same ideas as others).Watched it last night. Excellent job, FIMB!Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Thank you for watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Love your vids! Your one of the people that got me thinking about crossing to the dark side! Love my chameleon! Did art loeb, FHT, TRT and doing HST to JMT nobo this September. Definitely taking the hammock! Did JMT few years back on the ground sobo....hanging nobo should rock!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great trails. I'm certainly looking forward to the JMT one day
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosef View Post
    Do you have your gear list here listed out with weights? I'd love to compare a bit, your base weight is the same as mine and I don't have a 2lb bear canister. Thanks for the video!
    Here is an updated copy of the gear in the video. Something was not totaling right in the video and I somehow came in a pound different on the spreadsheet when I copied it all to a new sharable sheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast