Newbie from the lower Mid West

Hello all, and thanks for the great resource here! I've been camping my whole life, but only started messing with hammocks about 10 years ago. My first few attempts did not work out and I shelved it until recently. Definitely a learning curve, but things are starting to come together pretty nicely. Like many of you, I seem to sleep better in a hammock, and am looking into putting one in my house, in addition to my camping set ups.

I have been using a WBBB for most of this, but am hoping to upgrade to a 11' hammock here shortly. I am 5'6", but I don't find the 10' BB to be quite as comfy as I would like, and have been led to believe that an 11' hammock will be better. I have also tried a WBRR, and though there are nice things about it, I think I just prefer a gathered end.

I've been reading about wind protection lately, as that has been an issue. Also been following the vapor barrier threads, as I am a long time VB user.

Just ordered a HH cub for my youngest daughter to try out. The older one will likely get my BB when my 11' comes in. They both love to camp with me, and are dying to try hammocking. Now I just need to get the wife along...

Anyway, that's about it for now, thanks again!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Enjoy the hammock quest.
    Best wind protection is a good size tarp with doors pitched down properly. Something like the Warbonnet Superfly Tarp.
    Also an underquilt protector or UQP is great for blocking wind while in the hammock. Keeps the wind from robbing the heat out of your UQ.
    Whooooo Buddy))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thanks Shug! I have learned a lot from your videos, and really appreciate the effort you put in.

Would you use a uqp in addition to the superfly, or does the super fly do a good enough job on its own?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    Thanks Shug! I have learned a lot from your videos, and really appreciate the effort you put in.

Would you use a uqp in addition to the superfly, or does the super fly do a good enough job on its own?
    Superfly is 10' wide so pitches low and proper all should be good. I use my UQP when I use a smaller tarp and know it is going to be a windy trip according to the weather outlook. Don't always tote it but have been thankful to have it a few times.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thats What I figured, thanks very much!

• + New Posts