Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Bought the exact same setup (HG Econ 20+3) last fall and absolutely love it. Live in western Washington State so performance when it is damp for days on end was more of a concern than a few extra ounces of pack weight. The +3 is likely overkill but my UQ is so toasty warm and instantly lofty that I trust it will exceed temperature specifications when needed and has worked well for days on end in the 40f+/- foggy, misty dampness that is normal for most of the year.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    Thank goodness we normally get better weather then yours ,but sounds like UQ done its job

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12'
    Insulation
    HG Econ/Tiaga 360
    Suspension
    Straps and UCR
    Henge have had some War Bonnet UQ in stock (late last year iirc) but they sold out pretty quick. They didn't do WB or any quilts when I was buying. May have considered a wooki if they had them at the time. Although I'm happy with the HG having used it. I find it's easy to adjust and it gives the option to lay in either direction (I sleep either way depending on mood/aches 'n pains). Which is easy enough to change with my Symmetrical Moonlight top, but a bit of a pain with the asym net. I stick with HLFR from late spring to late autumn.

It's hard to beat the climate we get down south, despite the mixed weather patterns it's generally pretty mild and manageable. Although I was out in a couple of those mini hurricanes, which was interesting...a tree missed my car by 6 feet, and a massive limb from a crown missed me by about 8 feet. It was a healthy tree and limb and didn't resemble a dodgy widow maker. If I had known how close it came I would probably have wet my UQ. I never even heard it come down...literately tripped over it the next morning. Those high winds sure make you respect the woods/nature and appreciate any good fortune that comes your way.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    That was close then, glad it missed you , went for 3oz overstuff just for packing out the baffles a bit more so does not migrate so much, i hope this will help, not for temps,as you say south of England it dips down, but easily manageable its the rain I get fed up with,i look at the y tube clips of hanging in the USA 2ft deep in snow, they manage ok by looks of things and keep smiling, so its just about having the right kit and mindset.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly + HG DFC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Hg is good quality. Can't go wrong with it. You'll be happy.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    Good to know.a lot of you use them so pulled the plug on barrow 30F TQ as well ,along with 20F UQ should be toasty,i went for sewn foot box as I like a bit of room to wiggle my toes, I have a synthetic quilt at the moment cinch and snap, and I hate hardware touching my feet

Hammock
    WBBB & FreeBird
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Incubator & FJ
    My first UQ was a 20* from HG. They make a great product. I still have and use that quilt when the temperatures start dropping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12