Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

East TN>June 12-2020>Hootenanny Hang

The Hootenanny Hang is in the Roan Mountain Area of Tennessee at a beautiful privately owned campground called Blackberry Blossom Farm & Campground. It's tucked away back in the hills of Unicoi County on a little winding road to Upper Stone Mountain. It has fresh water springs, a frog pond and is surrounded by trees in the shadow of crisscrossing mountain ridge lines.
    The last three were a wonderful success. We filled the campground with many friends and gear makers crating a very fun and informative hang! We hope to do it again for 2020 but we have to have a contingency plan because of COVID-19 concerns.*

*Be aware that if the state of Tennessee doesn't lift the restrictions of "Groups No Greater Than 10", we may have to cancel. Right now it's scheduled to expire May 29 but it’s been extended twice already and may happen again since it’s so close to our event date. I have confirmation from the land owners and management to proceed as long as we take extra precautions and respect each other by practicing social distancing. The campground has extra provisions they will have in place to keep everyone safe (and I trust our group will and will even HELP).
    Cross your fingers and thanks for hanging in there!

And yes we’re having music again! So there will be picking on the porch with area musicians and it's open for anyone with an instrument to join in because it’s a Hootenanny, right! We'll do a pot luck and raffle to help pay for the use of the campground for this year & any left over funds will go towards next year or donated to the farm for any needed projects.

We raised enough money to help them pay for the extra posts for some closer hammock spots and exhaust fans for the bathrooms. This year it can help pay for extra cleaning and sanitizing materials.

There are several acres at Blackberry Blossom Farm of wooded property with walk-in only camp sites where we can spread out and have plenty of room. So you backpackers will be at home but if any of you have heavy gear they will gladly haul all your stuff to your site with their ATV and small trailer!

There are two bathrooms with showers and a large outside sink for clean-up near the camp store. There is also a well stocked camp store with anything you may have forgotten and cold drinks and snacks. We put up canopies with tables for the pot luck meals near the camp store & main fire pit. We have plenty of tables but may have to have extra pop-ups to keep things spread out without crowding.
    So if you have one please post if you’re bringing it.

We're also planning activities for Saturday since this is an area rich in mountain adventure! You can choose between Hiking or 2 kinds of Kayaking, lake or whitewater (Class I-II). Bring your own boating gear please and PM me if you want to do whitewater.

Hike the Roan Mountain to the Balds for the amazing vistas. Or drive up to the site where the old Cloudville Hotel used to be and walk around in the beautiful Rhododendron Gardens.

The Pot Luck will be Saturday Night after the activities so please everyone bring a dish and put on the spreadsheet what you plan to bring. I'll have my Dutch oven rig there!

REGISTRATION
    We have to limit the amount of hangers unless you can bring a stand because there are already about 40 folks coming on the sign-in sheet combined with local friends. But there are a few spots left and it's first come first serve. Please let us know if you're coming and if a stand can be brought. And please fill in the food columns on the spreadsheet so everyone may plan accordingly to fill in any gaps.

Spread Sheet….
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    If you’re using a phone or tablet you have to have the Google Sheets App for it to work.

Tickets to the gear raffle are sold and paid for at the event. Bring cash to buy one ticket or more!
    $5 per ticket or 5 for $20

Please bring something to donate to the raffle, it doesn't have to be a lot just something someone can use that’s camping related.

Camping Cost: We have come to a flat rate agreement for the cost of the campground because we are renting the whole place for the weekend. I am only going to ask each of you to send me a donation in advance of what you can afford. So between your donation & the raffle it should cover our costs for the venue and any other expenditure’s needed for the hang. Please PM me for my PayPal info.

Firewood: Please avoid bring any firewood from outside the area for fear of invasive insects. There will be firewood available at the camp store as well as ice and ice cream!

Pets: Please all pets must be on a leash at all times unless direct permission from the management.

Parking: Please park in designated parking places so we may fit everyone in and leave special spots open for hammock stands. There will be someone to direct you but really, it’s a no brainier.

Location for GPS: 250 Blackberry Blossom Ln, Unicoi, TN 37692

Campground Phone: (423) 833-7089

Map https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/b...y+blossom+farm I'm looking forward to seeing all of you to Hoot in the Holler with again! Love You All, Cakes
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 05-03-2020 at 16:11.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Chamelion
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Hope it is a "go".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    If you need to change anything such as dates or canceling, PM me and I will update for you. You can only update for the first 72 hours.

Hope you guys get to hang!
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Backat12 View Post
    Hope it is a "go".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Me Too! Fingers Crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    If you need to change anything such as dates or canceling, PM me and I will update for you. You can only update for the first 72 hours.

Hope you guys get to hang!
    Thanks so much!

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    yea.. maybe we can have little groups all at the same time but legally seperated..ha

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    I like Crawdaddy’s logic. I’m looking forward to this hang.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Me too grannypat, I went kayaking yesterday for the first time in a long time. It was just 3 of us and stayed as separate as we could. It was a good day!!!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Will there be a best mask competition?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I'd love to visit for the day with wifey, my sister and sister's husband. They live in Hendersonville. Good excuse to get together. I'll see what they think!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I'll reluctantly miss it. Maybe in 2021.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast