Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Images

Hanging in there from Colorado Springs, CO

Greetings all,

The short of it:
    A friend got me in a hammock, Shug gave me the tools to setup the way I want and understand at least some of the options I have, and they are many. Now I have a Warbonnet XLC on the way for me and a Dutchware Hammock Chair for my dog, yeah I know he is spoiled but he loves the hammock. Indoor hang setup for two hammocks in the basement. Planning a backyard hang this weekend to test the equipment. Looking forward to using it with motorcycle camping this summer. Would like to hang with some more Colorado Springs folks!

The long of it:
    After ~ 4 wks of isolation a friend asked if i wanted to go hang and check out a metor shower, which we didn't see. We did however hang, and get cold but. I was hooked. He loaned me one and we had a backyard hang and watched Shug. Being impossible to look at products with the stay-at-home orders I didn't figure I would be able to buy with confidence. That said after way to many hours of watching Shug I got a feel for these products he was presenting, he does a great job of providing complete detail.
    Being a CO resident i was already looking at the local company, Warbonnet. I love the number of people that talk about "Brandon". Though I haven't interacted with him I really like that, at least in the not so distant past, Warbonnet was a very personal company. O the rabbit holes, and they are still coming. The only thing that I know i don't know is fabrics, what a mess. Suspension, how to get a flat lay, ridge-line, bug nets, animals in hammocks, and so many more.
    I have a Warbonnnet Blackbird XLC on the way with a whoopie toggle setup, as well as dutch buckles to check out. Found Dutchware's hammock chair to repurposed for my dog, he likes to cuddle in the hammock but I feel like when camping we will want him to have his own. Looking at having a firepit in the back yard this weekend with a hang on the other end of the yard to test the equipment and start planning the first escape.
    Getting a motorcycle as soon as the DMV allows this to be a thing in CO. I am looking into a few additions such as a superfly or similar, underquilts. Overquilts look amazingly functional.
    When they said hang in there I'm not sure this is what they had in mind.

Beyond that I'm a tinkerer and always have a project going. Electronics, construction, and Amateur radio among a few.
    Ruralguru

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Greeting!! We have a handful of new folks from Colorado! Welcome aboard!!
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Images
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to doing some hanging
    Ruralguru

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Gorgeous country with plenty of opportunity for you there. Welcome to HF!
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    Always jealous of the CO hangers! Welcome.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Welcome from the northern stretch of our front range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Images
    I was to, but I went west to the mountains.
    Ruralguru

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ Buckles
    Welcome! I love this site even though I don't post much. Really enjoy the trip reports and yes, I binge watch Shug from time to time too! I'd love to get out to Colorado Springs. I earned an excellent MBA from UCCS but all remotely. It still serves me well.

Hangin Heel

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Welcome to the Forums, lived in Widefield for six years.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Haha, I have been on here in a while, but I had to take a closer look to see if this wasn’t my post from a couple years ago. My story and yours varies only slightly in the details. Except I was impatient and had a 4 day weekend starting so rather than wait for my BBXLC to arrive USPS Brandon was kind enough to let me go up to the shop and grab my superfly, 2 XLC’s w/ winter top cover (which back then needed to be purchased at the same time to ensure fit (brown 1.1 dbl and green 1.7 dbl) I’m not good at making decisions and figured I could always sell the one I didn’t choose on here.... fast forward five years and I still have an unused 1.7dbl Gen 1 bbxlc. But I also have a new 1.1 dbl Gen 2, with plans on purchasing the ‘Chinook’ set.
    But my dog didn’t enter the picture until a couple years later, and he was already 6yr old but I wasted no time getting him comfortable hanging with my living room set up:

Sharp Doggie claws weren’t allowed in my new XLCs.
    But then needed to field test it at the reservoir at Stratton Open space. If you haven’t been up there with your pooch yet you really should. My boy hates getting wet but only 4 legged swimmers are allowed.
    It sounds like you made the right call with the option for the dog. Its fun to cuddle briefly,but as anyone who’s ever been in a gathered end hammock knows, the emphasis is on briefly.
    But I used to go up into North Cheyenne canyon all the time and hike and hang (pre-Jasper though)

I Loved it out there, but Sadly life got busy as it does. I moved to Denver where I’m more distracted and less familiar and even though I go back down frequently I think we’ve only stayed out once and I could only muster enough energy to set up the tent but I was quickly reminded of how hard the ground can be.

Anyway, sorry I hijacked your welcome message. I think I just got a little overexcited when I started remembering how much fun I used to have. Feel free to message me if you want to tell me about some cool stuff I missed and maybe arrange a play date for the furry children and welcome to world of hanging. You’ll likely buy a sewing machine....I’m sorry, a thread injector or two, learn some rope splicing, and many other wonderful things especially if you like to tinker. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts