HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    JRBs!
    Suspension
    CLs + Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxhiker View Post
    As a cat owner and rescuer, this thread is taking a dark and offensive turn. Just bring in your hammock when not in use. That will protect it from tree sap, bird poop, limbs falling, and many other potential problems.
    I was worried of the dark turn. My folks have two very effective barn cats that are worth their weight in gold. No hate on the kittehs here. Just learning a lesson in leaving the rag out.

To be clear, I do believe there are innumerable ordnances against shooting or injuring most animals, including varmint within most metropolitan areas. As a hunter, I did look into this as my lady friend had an opossum issue that I was willing to fix. Trapping and sending into your local animal shelter is the most advisable route for feral cats. I've personally done this with a litter of kittens that appeared in my dog's kennel last year and the mother of said fluffs.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    JRBs!
    Suspension
    CLs + Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Well if a cat owner has a "pet" and keeps it inside...it's a pet. If they just feed them and let the wild animals roam and multiply it becomes an issue for everyone else. Not a pet in my eyes at that point.
    There's ample knowledge out there differentiating the characteristics of male cats that are neutered vs. feral. The girls are less of an issue, unless you keep birds. In which case, all cats are an issue.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123