DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hello from Southern Maine

Hi, my name's Ian and I've been combing the forums for ideas for my third hammock. I've got an eno doublenest and an eno sub7, but I've so far only had short naps in them. I'm thinking of maybe a Dream hammock for overnight camping.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the forums. There are so many great cottage vendor hammocks and all of them will be more comfortable than any Eno. Check out Warbonnet, Dutchwaregear, SimplyLightDesigns, HammockGear, Dream Hammock, LocoLibre, and the list goes on and on. See a list of the vendors listed on this forum for all of our quality cottage vendors.

Hello from Southern Maine

bearito, my name is also Ian, and my Eno doublewide ripped up last year. it was replaced with an amazon clone for cheap, and just today I finally tried it in an actual tree hang. turns out my green tube steel hammock stand for a former spreader bar hammock doesnt work well for gathered end hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    No kidding... that's what I've been using as well for the most part. Hasn't ripped yet but I have been setting it up all wrong. Way taught. Worked really well on my sub7 but the doublenest becomes a Venus flytrap. I do plan on setting up a ridge line though, there's just a lot of components to figure out and choices as well. I'm kind of down a rabbit hole with cottage vendor stuff, it all looks great to me but there's almost too much to pick from.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    JRBs!
    Suspension
    CLs + Whoopies
    Hey Bearito! I have an Eno doublenest ive used for years at the campground as a day lounger. Fine for that but admittedly learned a fair few lessons stringing that one up.

Having recently pulled the trigger and going with a hennessy to start for overnighters, it was just a matter of committing. I remember looking at these hammocks when I was still a scout so it was easy as an older man to just begin here. I'm certain I'll be upgrading once I learn what's not right about the expedition for me.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It's definitely hard to pick with so many options. The more I read about it the more I'm feeling like it might be best for me to learn how to sew simple things and make my own single layer gathered end hammocks from various fabrics, and make or buy a Fronkey-style bugnet to use between them. When I've settled on a favorite fabric that's the right balance of weight, comfort and durability I'd like a Darien or an otherwise similar hammock with an integrated bugnet for backpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by bearito View Post
    I do plan on setting up a ridge line though, there's just a lot of components to figure out and choices as well.
    Just do it. There's several videos on it. Several on here will be more knowledgeable on this than myself, but I just used some sterling accessory cord from EMS and used a sliding hitch knot so I could adjust the length easily. It made a huge difference in getting the right angle with the tree straps and keeping the hammock from being too flat.

Quote Originally Posted by bearito View Post
    I'm kind of down a rabbit hole with cottage vendor stuff, it all looks great to me but there's almost too much to pick from.
    I understand. I don't have a lot of cash to put into this, so I'm buying cheap until I get a better idea of what features I would like.

- Clyde

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Not a bad idea. I have some yellow hollow braided poly rope from a hardware store that I could splice to make a fixed ridge line. Maybe not the best place to admit it but I'm pretty horrible with knots.

• + New Posts