Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    LooseGooseDownSupply's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    22

    Top Quilt YouTube Tutorial Series

    We just posted the first video of our upcoming MYOG top quilt tutorial series on YouTube. This video covers the initial planning stages of a quilt build along with the fabric and down calculations. Check it out and let us know what you'd like to see in the coming videos. If you like it, please like and subscribe! Thanks!

    https://youtu.be/GtUnK8ACRug

  2. #2
    Senior Member Living the Highlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Hammock
    DIY 1.9
    Tarp
    HammockGear CF
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + Lafuma TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    162
    Great starting video. I know my struggles when making TQ's were the foot box configurations and the side channels for cinching and such. I would focus on those and those options.
    Corey Miller

    "Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."

  3. #3
    AluminumPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    South Carolina
    Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz Hyper D Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    AGG Muletape
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for working on this series. You're right, I can't seem to find a good, complete tutorial series for making a DIY topquilt. This is high on my list of upcoming projects so I'm interested in seeing the rest of the videos.

    One question. Are you planning to discuss the alternative baffle design with horizontal footbox baffles, but vertical on the rest of the quilt? That's what I'm hoping to build in the future.

  4. #4
    LooseGooseDownSupply's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by AluminumPot View Post
    One question. Are you planning to discuss the alternative baffle design with horizontal footbox baffles, but vertical on the rest of the quilt? That's what I'm hoping to build in the future.
    We aren't planning on covering that in this series since this will be a zippered footbox with all horizontals baffles, but when I did that for my last top quilt build I sewed a baffel right at the end of the horizontal section for the footbox and connected it to the bottom of the top section. Its easiest to think of it as two separate quilts and sew them together. You can sew it all together before stuffing the channels and just leave the top of the quilt open for the verticle baffles and the side of the footbox open to add the down. It's a great baffle design, and surprisingly not too difficult to sew.

  5. #5
    LooseGooseDownSupply's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Living the Highlife View Post
    Great starting video. I know my struggles when making TQ's were the foot box configurations and the side channels for cinching and such. I would focus on those and those options.
    Thanks for the encouragement. The sinching is definitely going to be the hardest part, and we are going to try something a little different with it. Hopefully it works out for us.

  6. #6
    LooseGooseDownSupply's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseGooseDownSupply View Post
    We just posted the first video of our upcoming MYOG top quilt tutorial series on YouTube. This video covers the initial planning stages of a quilt build along with the fabric and down calculations. Check it out and let us know what you'd like to see in the coming videos. If you like it, please like and subscribe! Thanks!

    https://youtu.be/GtUnK8ACRug
    Just to add an uodate, the links to the second and third videos are below.

    https://youtu.be/bechsMxRQbY
    https://youtu.be/muvuNRYZCS0

  • + New Posts
  • Similar Threads

    1. Saver Series Top Quilt
      By rweb82 in forum Loco Libre Gear
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-24-2017, 13:27
    2. New Summer Series Under Quilt
      By cherring in forum Wilderness Logics
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 12-16-2014, 22:09
    3. WL Summer Series Quilt set
      By ggreaves in forum Archived WTB
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:41
    4. Summer Series Under Quilt
      By dirtwheels in forum Wilderness Logics
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 11-09-2012, 13:34
    5. Discuss - Kickass Quilt Tutorial
      By headchange4u in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-19-2009, 17:15

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •