DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    He did collaborate with Dutch.. though I can't recall if it was successful I think he tried to do the same with RBTR.

He also did a HYOH podcast episode with Jellyfish and a few other DIY'rs.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I do not KNOW if this is the situation. Often certain personality types dig into new learning experiences with great gusto. Learning is the hook that intreagues them and fuels the creative urge. Once such a personality conquers their learning quest they move forward to the next challenge.

Strictly my opinion, so do not take offence. I am not creative, however I love learning and creating. HF is one of the few learning arenas I have stayed with. Usually I emerse myself in whatever strikes my fancy, I learn as much as possible then move on to the next experience. Even in my personal relationships I lose interest when I am not learning.

Maybe some of our large contributor's are the same way.

Shug is definitely an exception to my theory!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I remember a while back when we first realized that Kitsap had not been active on the forums, another member who had contact with him mentioned that he suffered a big loss. There was no other information given at the time. That could mean a lot of things; but it doesn't sound to me like he passed away. Couple that with the fact that there is no obituary information on him anywhere online, and I am inclined to believe he is still alive, but just unable to be on the forums.

I pray for his situation and well-being, and hope that one day he is able to be a part of the group again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    If I ever need to disappear, I don't need witness protection. I'll just stop posting here and you guys will have buried me!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    If I ever need to disappear, I don't need witness protection. I'll just stop posting here and you guys will have buried me!
    Funny. The good thing is if Kitsap Cowboy is still around he'll know that he was missed when and if he returns.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    It is a little awkward assuming the worst just because someone is no longer posting on the internet. I also learned this lesson. I really enjoy the trail meal videos from The Hungry Hammock Hanger aka Bablefish5 aka Clark _____. His last video was over 5 years ago and he was a fairly heavy set guy. Disappeared, came back after a year absence and did one last video and he had lost a ton of weight and looked a little gaunt. Draw your own conclusions. Then nothing for 4 year, WEB site disappeared and no posts here or on FB. I too just wanted to say thanks, but assumed the worst.
    I made some PM to people who knew him personally and was told he was seen at a hang last fall. So go for him. He is just done with the internet apparently and focusing on other priorities.

That all said I think it is a wonderful community that people who have never met and only exchange a few lines of text can care about each other the way this community does. Thank you to all.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I agree that sometimes people just move on to other interests, but I fear that this is different. From everything I have read, he seems like a stand-up guy. The summer before he quit posting, he reached out to me to see if I wanted him to make me a custom tarp. I jumped at the chance, because I had read so many good things about his work. Due to his reputation, I paid him up front. The job took a little longer than expected, so I emailed him to check on status. He said he had finished my tarp, but then noticed a fabric flaw that he wasn't comfortable with. He said he was remaking it and it was almost done. He said he anticipated shipping it in 3 more days. He thanked me for my patience and said he was pleased with how the tarp was coming together. Overall, he was very professional and responsive, so I was totally cool with the delay and looking forward to receiving the tarp. That was in the summer of 2018 and I haven't heard anything from him since. I didn't get the tarp and he hasn't responded to my emails. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would stiff a HF member who he was working with, so I assume something pretty major came up in his life.
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    I agree that sometimes people just move on to other interests, but I fear that this is different. From everything I have read, he seems like a stand-up guy. The summer before he quit posting, he reached out to me to see if I wanted him to make me a custom tarp. I jumped at the chance, because I had read so many good things about his work. Due to his reputation, I paid him up front. The job took a little longer than expected, so I emailed him to check on status. He said he had finished my tarp, but then noticed a fabric flaw that he wasn't comfortable with. He said he was remaking it and it was almost done. He said he anticipated shipping it in 3 more days. He thanked me for my patience and said he was pleased with how the tarp was coming together. Overall, he was very professional and responsive, so I was totally cool with the delay and looking forward to receiving the tarp. That was in the summer of 2018 and I haven't heard anything from him since. I didn't get the tarp and he hasn't responded to my emails. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would stiff a HF member who he was working with, so I assume something pretty major came up in his life.
    Now this is interesting. Does anyone know if he was married? Kids?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Seems his last post was 8/27/2018.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Now this is interesting. Does anyone know if he was married? Kids?
    I remember seeing a YouTube video of his showing a hammock he made for one of his kids; so I'm pretty sure he was married and has kids.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast