Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images

Did we find the end of the Internet?

It could just be me, be in this time of quarantine I would have expected a lot of hammock forums action. But even before that, the past 6 months to a year I feel like things have died off. Did we finally talk about all there is to talk about?

It seems like a private chat room with me and 5 other people lately. And even me...I've stopped posting 823 times per day.

Again, it could totally just be me.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Definite less traffic for awhile. Less"newness" so things slow. Still some ideas to be found though.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I still peruse here daily. May not comment as much these days unless there is something to add.
    Don't find myself needing to ask much. Also don't post all my videos on here anymore as it seems members don't watch or comment like the old days.
    Been here long enough to see HF go though a lot of changes. Members come and go. We still have a few that stay and contribute. Some leave and come back.
    Then leave again.
    Only so much to hammocks I suppose.

I too am not a FBer. Value what bit of real time that I have left!
    Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 04-12-2020 at 12:40.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    ... Also don't post all my videos on here anymore as it seems members don't watch or comment like the old days.
    We're still watching Shug. I got you in HD on my SmartTV w/YouTube channel (hoping my subscription helps). I find it facinating how your videos scramble YouTube's algorithm. I was fed Mandolin related videos for two weeks or more in January.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    We're still watching Shug. I got you in HD on my SmartTV w/YouTube channel (hoping my subscription helps). I find it facinating how your videos scramble YouTube's algorithm. I was fed Mandolin related videos for two weeks or more in January.
    I'm learning to juggle. I was tickled when I saw those videos come out.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    I'm learning to juggle. I was tickled when I saw those videos come out.
    I said I would never do How-To Juggle videos but lockdown changes everything!
    Now...thinking of doing video on hammock fabrics but it is a bit technical studying up on them. That is a video I would post here on HF or add to someones query on the subject.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz Hyper D Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    AGG Muletape
    Now...thinking of doing video on hammock fabrics but it is a bit technical studying up on them. That is a video I would post here on HF or add to someones query on the subject.
    As someone who is just now starting to explore the world of DIY hammocking I'd be very interested in watching that video.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Zipped
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MiniFly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    BeetleBuckle
    I said I would never do How-To Juggle videos but lockdown changes everything!
    Lockdown does change everything. I never thought I’d learn to juggle but I have more free time so... my kids and I watched your videos and have been practicing our juggling!

I would also definitely be interested in hammock fabrics. I just borrowed a sewing machine and have started down a diy path. That would be helpful at least to me. The forum has been a great resource for that as well.

This may be the end of the internet for some of you guys and I certainly understand that. I just feel like this whole situation we are in is, at least in some ways, somewhat of a beginning for me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    For me working from home is a nightmare and I'm finding that I'm always in meetings. I also find that I'm working 9-10 hours a day and after that the last thing I want to do is spend more time on the PC.

I totally agree with OC. I've been spending some time on a bushcraft forum, with a little more lenient rules on what's allowed to be discussed and have enjoyed the interaction. One thing I do notice is more "new" threads on HF asking about things that have been discussed previously. Usually it's just newer members so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I can't tell you how many times I'll see a thread asking this and that, then do a Google search of the topic and add hammock forums to it. Gee, it's amazing how much info will come back....ok, enough of my rant for the day.

I think hammocking knowledge has pretty much peaked. Yes, there will still be some new advancements or variations but a gathered end hammock is still a gathered end hammock and a prussick knot is still a prussick knot. If anything, things will just get more refined and there will still be advancements in fabrics, etc.

Either way, it is what is is. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and a speedy return to whatever the new "normal" will be. Stay safe!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast