Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    As a small clarification point. Any bemoaning the strict rules here, for me, only applies to tangent or parallel topics to hammocks/outdoor pursuits. Like what is a Moulder Strip? (I PM'd Moulder and he let me in on that secret device ) or non-hammock camping gear. I once had a what coffee do you enjoy with your breakfast from the hammock (Shug inspired) re-moved. Yes, I know all these topics are covered in the donating members area, and maybe that is the draw to get more donating members. I accept that. If I choose not to donate, I choose a more restrictive experience. I am still grateful for the site.

But to I am totally 100% supportive of the mods/Admin(s) policing the Politics/Guns/Religion/Flat-earth/ etc. and keeping the focus civil and hammock/outdoor focused. Thank you Mods/Admin(s) for the work you put in.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Once we find ourselves writing about what we're writing about and then discussing how we're writing about what we're writing about and then commenting on what we're writing about, then, yes, the outer edge of the internet is just over that next ridge.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I appreciate the Mods too...they have a tough job.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    As a small clarification point. Any bemoaning the strict rules here, for me, only applies to tangent or parallel topics to hammocks/outdoor pursuits. Like what is a Moulder Strip? (I PM'd Moulder and he let me in on that secret device ) or non-hammock camping gear. I once had a what coffee do you enjoy with your breakfast from the hammock (Shug inspired) re-moved. Yes, I know all these topics are covered in the donating members area, and maybe that is the draw to get more donating members. I accept that. If I choose not to donate, I choose a more restrictive experience. I am still grateful for the site.

But to I am totally 100% supportive of the mods/Admin(s) policing the Politics/Guns/Religion/Flat-earth/ etc. and keeping the focus civil and hammock/outdoor focused. Thank you Mods/Admin(s) for the work you put in.
    This is the reason I stay on here.
    My control line forum gets so political that I don't go back much. Only to get some control line info and move on.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    ... Also don't post all my videos on here anymore as it seems members don't watch or comment like the old days.
    We're still watching Shug. I got you in HD on my SmartTV w/YouTube channel (hoping my subscription helps). I find it facinating how your videos scramble YouTube's algorithm. I was fed Mandolin related videos for two weeks or more in January.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    Once we find ourselves writing about what we're writing about and then discussing how we're writing about what we're writing about and then commenting on what we're writing about, then, yes, the outer edge of the internet is just over that next ridge.
    LOL!!! That’s it!

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    We're still watching Shug. I got you in HD on my SmartTV w/YouTube channel (hoping my subscription helps). I find it facinating how your videos scramble YouTube's algorithm. I was fed Mandolin related videos for two weeks or more in January.
    I'm learning to juggle. I was tickled when I saw those videos come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    By golly, that's it! I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head. Now, if we could only include guns, politics and religion into the mix we'd be on to something...

Hammock
    DIY basic
    Tarp
    Amazon Special
    Insulation
    DIY Apex UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    While I'm new here, I've had no fear of being harrassed for doing "hammocking wrong." I know I'm doing hammocking wrong, I'm like the sultan of shabbiness. On the other hand, I'm for the most part having fun, and the list of oddities about me is long and glorious.

One of these days I'm going to be on the receiving end of some site snobbiness, and then I will feel as though I truly belong. I still like the creativity that's here, and even if it ain't new creativity, with this whole stay at home mess, I have time to really explore what was happening here and being tried in the twenty-teens. There's some good ideas there, and for the most part, you get to see where things ended up going. I like taking some of the ideas, tweaking them, and trying them out. I really like it when I figure out that an idea isn't going to work, and then reading where that was all figured out in 2015 or so. Makes me feel like a kid again, which as painful as it sounds, is way better than feeling old like I do most days.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    I'm learning to juggle. I was tickled when I saw those videos come out.
    I said I would never do How-To Juggle videos but lockdown changes everything!
    Now...thinking of doing video on hammock fabrics but it is a bit technical studying up on them. That is a video I would post here on HF or add to someones query on the subject.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast