Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    I just saw this thread, and I see a lot of comments, so figured I'd pile on. No creaking from the attachment. I use them all the time. Love the ease of adjusting when I change out hammocks from time to time. You won't regret this purchase.
    I need to update this thread I started with some of my experience results.
    I use the same 2-point anchor variant that dutch sells and it makes zero sound under tension, even when the hammock is swinging pretty good. I can reach the parallel wall so I can push off and get a nice rocking going.

I have them in my bedroom, and I sleep in my hammock probably 3/4 of the time. The only time I sleep in the bed is if I want to cuddle with my kitties, who so far are not very excited about getting into the hammock (although two of them have gotten in briefly). No creaking. Just make sure you have the anchors far enough from corners that the rings don't hit the wall when the hammock rocks. I had to reposition one anchor because of that. My bedroom is 12' X 13' so the hardest part was finding anchor positions that allowed a good hang and didn't get in the way of using the rest of the room - the bed, nightstand, etc. Actually using the anchors is flawless however. I'll probably get another set for hanging in the basement without having to set up my stand.

As a tip for installation, don't drill the screws completely flush with an electric drill - get them mostly in, and then finish up with a screwdriver. My dad was having an issue with the screws breaking when they hit the anchor plate using the drill - the heads would shear off.

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheekitty View Post
    As a tip for installation, don't drill the screws completely flush with an electric drill - get them mostly in, and then finish up with a screwdriver. My dad was having an issue with the screws breaking when they hit the anchor plate using the drill - the heads would shear off.
    Get your Dad a cordless drill with a CLUTCH. 18v/20v - Rigid, DeWalt, Makita, Bosch or Milwaukee. $100 or so, makes a good present. If the drill he was using already has a clutch, and he was breaking screw heads off on this installation, then either send him to drill usage school, or take the drill away from him. As well as any other sharp and/or spinny things.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123