Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Trail winder stacked

I just ordered a TW UQ/P for my BBXLC. I was looking for a UQP and wasn’t really keen on the idea of the warbonnet version since I didn’t want to have my hammock floating inside a Bugnet/ uqp zipped together. So why get one with a zipper. In my quest for the right UQP I looked at 2qzq and the SLD TW as well as a few others as I was comparing them, I thought I could just do the insulated TW and use it a UQP and a UQ for spring time if I got the 40* version. Then when it was cold I could stack it with what I already had. A few emails with Jared and we worked it out...well he worked out that the standard version would work well. So I plan to be able to stack it with the Wookiee I already have for winter camp. It appears that the TW is wider in every measurement and just about 2” shorter. So when stacked it should cover well. With it being on the bottom the 2” may grow some but I believe it will still be fine. So many have called the TW a synthetic Wookiee so I thought I could stack them and see how it fits up. I plan on doing a little video to show how it works out. I have the hammock set up in the carport during this virus stuff

IMG_5008_heic-M.jpg

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I just received my TW from Jared this week, also the 40* version. It is fantastic. However, only the head end suspension is elastic by default. The foot end suspension uses static cord. I would recommend asking Jared to make the foot end elastic as well. This helps keep from having too much tension on the mini carabiner at the foot end. Jared is actually sending me an elastic suspension right now so I can swap it out. All in all, it's a great quilt!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I just received my TW from Jared this week, also the 40* version. It is fantastic. However, only the head end suspension is elastic by default. The foot end suspension uses static cord. I would recommend asking Jared to make the foot end elastic as well. This helps keep from having too much tension on the mini carabiner at the foot end. Jared is actually sending me an elastic suspension right now so I can swap it out. All in all, it's a great quilt!
    As you know order with Jared today and it leaves in the morning, we discussed it but he thought I would be good with it as configured. The Wookiee has just a a fixed end as well, we’ll see how it “stacks” up. I may end up having it replaced as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    Hey rweb82, I wonder if your hammock stretches a lot and that is why you need the extra shock cord? I am using my 30 degree TW under a 12' DIY 1.8 airlite fabric(from RSBTR) hammock, and I think this fabric stretches a lot, especially with the longer length, and I have not seen a need for extra shockcord yet. My shockcord is about 4" long now, doubled at the head end and it took me awhile to get it adjusted, but now it is set. I know I mentioned something similar in another thread, but now I am wondering if more shock cord will make my TW fit better? Please mention if it works better after you install the shock cord.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbite View Post
    Hey rweb82, I wonder if your hammock stretches a lot and that is why you need the extra shock cord? I am using my 30 degree TW under a 12' DIY 1.8 airlite fabric(from RSBTR) hammock, and I think this fabric stretches a lot, especially with the longer length, and I have not seen a need for extra shockcord yet. My shockcord is about 4" long now, doubled at the head end and it took me awhile to get it adjusted, but now it is set. I know I mentioned something similar in another thread, but now I am wondering if more shock cord will make my TW fit better? Please mention if it works better after you install the shock cord.
    I will let you know. I've tested it on two hammocks- one with HyperD 1.6, and the other in MTN 1.2. The 1.6 is pretty much right in the middle in terms of stretch/firmness; and I had the issue with both hammocks. The extra suspension should be arriving today. So hopefully I can get out and test it.

The only other thing that may be the problem is the mini biner at the foot end. Perhaps it's a dud. Either way, I think I will prefer having both ends of the quilt with elasticity.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I was able to get it set up today with the adjustable shock cord suspension at both ends. It made a huge difference for me. The quilt now hangs perfectly, and the carabiner isn't taking nearly the amount of stress as before.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I got the the trail winder in and the way this one is set up has shock cord in both channels and a reflex cord tied to the mini biner. Lots of adjustments in the system. Did some hanging in it with just the TW last two days. Just did a short time with the Wookiee and it works well. The insulation lines up really well. I’ll try and get a video up later.

1B2EDDD8-F8D8-4934-9C3E-F2E0C4B476C1.jpeg

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter haven
    Insulation
    Pine UQ / WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti buckle
    I use it on my Trail Lair and I find the one static end is just fine. I often stack it with my Massdrop DIY quilt. Such as this:IMG_20200129_235034.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    Hey rweb82, glad to hear it worked out! I will have to try another shock cord. Thanks for reporting!

Just got my first trailwinder yesterday. Came with shockcord at both ends, so maybe that is standard. Seems to fit really well so far, better than my other, similar design uq did.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast