Question Indoor Rigging System?

My brother and I are trying to hang a hammock inside of our shed. The walls all have exposed sturdy 2x4 studs that the hammock can be attached to. I was just wondering what you guys recommend for mounting the straps to the studs. Eye bolts, eno’s system etc.? Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andy730 View Post
    My brother and I are trying to hang a hammock inside of our shed. The walls all have exposed sturdy 2x4 studs that the hammock can be attached to. I was just wondering what you guys recommend for mounting the straps to the studs. Eye bolts, eno’s system etc.? Thanks!
    ENO's kit looks to use 1/4 lag bolts. No reason why a 3/8 or 1/2" lag hook should not work fine. Just pre drill the hole slightly smaller than the minor diameter of the shank so you do not split the studs.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    I just purchased and installed a set of "Adjustable Wall Anchors" from Dutchware, link https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...e-wall-anchor/

The weenie little studs we have now that pass for real 2x4's I just did not trust when using 3/8" Lag Bolt screw eyes, especially if any side loads are imposed upon the eye bolt. These anchors are 12" long and spread the forces over a much greater area, and they are built like tanks! No worries!!

One thing to watch out for, the studs are only meant to take vertical loads, and may not stand the side load imparted by a hammock. A little reinforcement might be in order?
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Crazy amounts of info here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...k-hanging-help

But I like the simple eye screws. They're fairly inconspicuous inside the bedrooms with small eyes. Cheap too. No problems hanging for months straight when I was without a bed.

Those anchors from dutchware referenced above are really nice though. Some adjustment plus peace of mind with better support vs. just one screw.

• + New Posts