Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies & toggles

What options to order for superfly over WBRR?

Hi all,

I would like to take advantage of the Warbonnet sale going on. I would like to pick up a superfly for my ridge runner.

Are the pole mods & end tie outs recommend?
    I assume the pole would be, but not sure about the rest of the options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    13’ with center ground tieouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    And the pole mod is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For best coverage you’ll want the 13 ft version. Its panel pulls are specifically located at the spreader bars. The 13 ft length allows the doors to close without being opened a bit at the top by the two suspension lines from the side. The 13 ft option also has extra D-rings near the ends, along the ridge line for connecting the bug net bungee - note that in addition to the seam sealing the panel pulls, you’ll need to seal those Ridge line D-rings too.

That said, many have a great time with their RR and the shorter Superfly models. The bug net really only needs to be lifted at the head end and that can be done many ways. Though the suspension lines might keep the doors from completely closing a little bit - a little opening can be good for ventilation.

Regardless of ridge line length, I’d recommend at least the exterior panel pulls to open the interior, especially with a RR.

I have no experience (yet) with internal pole mods but they sure look enticing in posted photos.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-31-2020 at 15:26.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    For my order I went with silpoly, 13', panel pull pole kit yes, both center mods, and the center pole kit (don't see that option there right now). I have set it up almost exactly the same as Frozen did except that I swapped out the dutch hookworms for the dutch line lock hooks (ordered both, tried both, absolutely love the line lock hooks) and have yet to do the panel pulls yet (but still planning to). I am really happy with the results so far. Photos below are from a recent rain we had where I saw it was raining, excitedly told my wife I was going to set up my hammock and she just looked at me like I was crazy.

IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg

The main reason I upgraded to a superfly over my previous tarp was a lack of panel pulls. With some time under the superfly now I would say you probably want either the panel pulls or the center pole mod in just to keep the spreader bars away from the tarp. You could also hang the tarp high and spread out the bottom a lot but might get wet if there is heavy rain with wind. Plus with them in you have a lot of free room to maneuver under the tarp. The middle ground tieouts also seem great, really making sure that tarp is secured down.

I posted this thread when trying to figure out which tarp I should get, some folks near the end had really useful photos of the superfly. Also just generally good comments on tarps this size.
    Last edited by Adroa; 04-01-2020 at 00:29. Reason: Photo failed to upload

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies & toggles
    Great feedback all, that answers allot of questions I had!
    Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I can use the coupon code on the custom tarps. I’m guessing the stock SF doesn’t come with any pullouts?

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sdc View Post
    Great feedback all, that answers allot of questions I had!
    Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I can use the coupon code on the custom tarps. I’m guessing the stock SF doesn’t come with any pullouts?
    Looking at the photos and reading some of the description, it appears as though the stock does come with the panel pulls but not with the option for the center pole mod or the extra middle ground tieouts. In my mind the center pole mod and panel pulls are fairly equivalent but I think I would find not having those extra middle ground tieouts on a 13ft tarp to be more of an annoyance. If you do not plan on using trekking poles for the panel pulls you would also want to add the poles to your order separately.

Other thing to consider is they seem to be out of the 13ft silpoly stock. If you wanted silnylon no big deal, but if you wanted silpoly possibly not worth the extra savings.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies & toggles
    That was exactly my thinking on the side pullouts, I’m just not certain if there considered stock or not?
    I’ll probably try to contact them and see what my options are.

And yes, I was considering the silnylon anyway, so no big deal.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I'm not sure what the general consensus is these days between silnylon and silpoly, but I would pay the difference for silpoly. And, nothing against Warbonnet because I love my tarps and hammocks (a superfly, a mountainfly, a XLC, and 2 ridgerunners) and their customer service is incredible, but I really like my SLD tarps with the internal pole mods for my bridges. They do add more weight than the exterior panel pulls (if that is a concern), but having 2 interior poles at the spreader bars opens up the interior a lot more. In a gathered end, though, my superfly and mountainfly with the exterior pullouts are my go to tarps.

• + New Posts