SLD Trail Lair & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG 12ft. Sil Poly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    Welcome to SLD & the trail winder users. Great uq that iv'e ever used ..so simple & ez
    +1
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Standard is 9'long, but what length do most of you use for your 11' hammocks?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    I got the 9', and it works great on my 11' hammock.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    I also have a 9’ which perfectly fits my 11’ hammock.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I also got the 9ft one for my 11ft hammock
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    I got a 40deg 9' and a 50deg 10' for my 11ft hammock, BBXLC. They both fit but the 10' UG just does fit. It has less bungee on both ends so it probably has less strech capability but I have not really noticed a downside to it. I got the 10' one first then ordered a 9' one recently with the thought that my wife could borrow it for her 10' hammock if needed. Love them both. And my son has the 20deg 10' for his Eldorado and loves it. He is particularly lax about setup and the no fiddle factor is perfect for him.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing – George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    GE 11' Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    11' x 9' Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Me too, the 9' Trail Winder fits like a dream on my 11' hammock! But if you have concerns, touch base with Jared so he can customize to your needs.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly, HG DCF
    Insulation
    EE HG AHE
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    I've been eying this UQ for a little while. One of my gripes with my current HG UQ is that you can lay in the Chameleon with no UQ, then lay in it with the UQ and messes up the lay at the feet, much like how shortround touched on in his video. The cords push up against my feet and makes it less comfortable. I like how this eliminates that AND weighs less than my 20 degree Econ HG

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Hang Tight/ SLD TW
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I'm sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, but I've been eyeing up the 40 degree Trail Winder UQ and I have a few questions.

1. I'm currently using a 40ish degree synthetic UQ similar to the ENO Ember 2 and am a warm sleeper. I have been sleeping comfortably around 30 and fairly comfortably down to 20 degrees with the right sleep clothes (down booties over wool socks, fleece sweatpants, wool base layer top, fleece hoodie, fleece hat w/ buff) and a similarly rated TQ. Would the Trail Winder be comparable in it's ability to be effective at least down to 30 degrees?

2. The only cold spots I get on a diagonal lay (head right, feet left) are on my right shoulder or in my feet. I suspect that part of the problem is that I'm still using a hammock that is 9 and 1/2 feet long and I am 5'10". Once I upgrade to an 11' hammock, would the Trail Winder be able to encapsulate my shoulder and feet enough to prevent these cold spots?

3a. I am planning on getting a Hang Tight 20 degree down UQ once Steve reopens his shop once he is resupplied. Has anyone used the Trail Winder UQ to stack on top of a down UQ for added warmth? And, if so, how much of a boost does it give?

3b.If I'm already running warm and have been able to exceed the ratings of my current gear with enough comfort for a good night's sleep, would it be wise to get the Hang Tight 40 degree down UQ and the 50 degree Trail Winder UQ anticipating that I would stack them in the winter while trying to avoid overheating? Or, is it better to leave the thicker, pack space consuming camp/ sleep clothes at home in favor of having a quilt set up, stacked or otherwise, that is more accurate to the temperature?

4. Has anyone purchased a UQP with the intent of modifying it to a UQ similar to the Trail Winder and have you had success in doing so? I'm imagining Velcro strips on the UQP and the opposing Velcro strips on a asymmetrically shaped, sewn together piece of insulation that could be removed and reinstalled as needed?

5. Have you ever asked a question to a room full of strangers just knowing that you are inside of the Hive Mind and can't wait for the answers?

Thanks!!!

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by TDGuentner View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, but I've been eyeing up the 40 degree Trail Winder UQ and I have a few questions.

1. I'm currently using a 40ish degree synthetic UQ similar to the ENO Ember 2 and am a warm sleeper. I have been sleeping comfortably around 30 and fairly comfortably down to 20 degrees with the right sleep clothes (down booties over wool socks, fleece sweatpants, wool base layer top, fleece hoodie, fleece hat w/ buff) and a similarly rated TQ. Would the Trail Winder be comparable in it's ability to be effective at least down to 30 degrees?

2. The only cold spots I get on a diagonal lay (head right, feet left) are on my right shoulder or in my feet. I suspect that part of the problem is that I'm still using a hammock that is 9 and 1/2 feet long and I am 5'10". Once I upgrade to an 11' hammock, would the Trail Winder be able to encapsulate my shoulder and feet enough to prevent these cold spots?

3a. I am planning on getting a Hang Tight 20 degree down UQ once Steve reopens his shop once he is resupplied. Has anyone used the Trail Winder UQ to stack on top of a down UQ for added warmth? And, if so, how much of a boost does it give?

3b.If I'm already running warm and have been able to exceed the ratings of my current gear with enough comfort for a good night's sleep, would it be wise to get the Hang Tight 40 degree down UQ and the 50 degree Trail Winder UQ anticipating that I would stack them in the winter while trying to avoid overheating? Or, is it better to leave the thicker, pack space consuming camp/ sleep clothes at home in favor of having a quilt set up, stacked or otherwise, that is more accurate to the temperature?

4. Has anyone purchased a UQP with the intent of modifying it to a UQ similar to the Trail Winder and have you had success in doing so? I'm imagining Velcro strips on the UQP and the opposing Velcro strips on a asymmetrically shaped, sewn together piece of insulation that could be removed and reinstalled as needed?

5. Have you ever asked a question to a room full of strangers just knowing that you are inside of the Hive Mind and can't wait for the answers?

Thanks!!!
    I can't answer to all of your questions, but
    #2 - I'm 6' and have no trouble in a TW. It totally covers me and I get a bit more diagonal than some. I do have a full one and not an asym.

#3a - there are a couple recent threads about stacking quilts featuring the TW and it seems to work great. Not everyone wants to pack two under quilts to get the warmth of one appropriate rated quilt but if you're not UL backpacking and just car/ moto/ kayak camping that may not matter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast