Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    I have a 20 deg Trail Winder, and much prefer it to my other UQ (Hammock Gear 40 deg).

It's easier to install, and there's no gaps.

It's similar to a Warbonnet Wooki, but synthetic. A superior design to normal UQs.

All UQs should be like this.

I'd like Jared to make a down version.

Actually, every UQ maker should make a version of this UQ.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I did notice that it looks like Jared has redesigned the suspension a bit, compared to the videos I've seen from Shortround and Chesapeake. Mine only has shock cord on one end, with a lineloc 3 for length adjustment. The lineloc is girth-hitched to a separate loope of non-elastic cord- with the carabiner attached to that loop. The foot end just has a non-elastic loop running through the end channel- no shock cord.

I'm not sure how having one non-elastic side will affect how this quilt performs; but I'm sure Jared has thoroughly tested the design. Having the lineloc/shock cord on the head-end probably makes it easier to adjust the quilt for stacking purposes.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Received my TW on Monday, and got a chance to do a quick set up yesterday at the local park. This is a very nice piece of gear! It sets up easily, and the insulation is placed perfectly. I am also impressed with the overall weight and compressibility of the quilt- as it is synthetic. It still compresses very well compared to my down UQs. The only thing I wish is that the foot end had the elastic suspension like the head end. That said, Jared is sending another shock cord suspension so I can swap it out. Awesome service!

I'm looking forward to spending a night with it. However, I have to figure out where to go, as all of the local spots are closed due to the shutdown order.

Here's the quilt set up on my Dream Hammock Darien (as you can tell, I am a fan of Dark Olive!)

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Received my TW on Monday, and got a chance to do a quick set up yesterday at the local park. This is a very nice piece of gear! It sets up easily, and the insulation is placed perfectly. I am also impressed with the overall weight and compressibility of the quilt- as it is synthetic. It still compresses very well compared to my down UQs. The only thing I wish is that the foot end had the elastic suspension like the head end. That said, Jared is sending another shock cord suspension so I can swap it out. Awesome service!

I'm looking forward to spending a night with it. However, I have to figure out where to go, as all of the local spots are closed due to the shutdown order.

Here's the quilt set up on my Dream Hammock Darien (as you can tell, I am a fan of Dark Olive!)

Wow ! That looks great! Yeah i had some of the first trail winders in production with the shock cord ends that were dialed & ready to hang. My buddy papa techie got the version with what you explained...like an adjustable end. I only use 11' hammocks regular widths so i never needed to set different length adjustments. Yes this product is so sweet & underated
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    Wow ! That looks great! Yeah i had some of the first trail winders in production with the shock cord ends that were dialed & ready to hang. My buddy papa techie got the version with what you explained...like an adjustable end. I only use 11' hammocks regular widths so i never needed to set different length adjustments. Yes this product is so sweet & underated
    All of my hammocks are 11 footers as well. How long are your shock cord suspension loops coming off each end?

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    I received my 9ft Trail Winder in all Woodland Camo about two months ago. Mine has the same suspension as yours rweb. It's an awesome looking UQ. I haven't really had the time to mess around with it too much, but I've found it to be anything but the "easy peasy, plug-n-play" that I've read. I'm sure I'll get it snugged up eventually, but I can't help but wonder if the older suspension, or a longer, hammock length 11 foot TW would be better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameth View Post
    I received my 9ft Trail Winder in all Woodland Camo about two months ago. Mine has the same suspension as yours rweb. It's an awesome looking UQ. I haven't really had the time to mess around with it too much, but I've found it to be anything but the "easy peasy, plug-n-play" that I've read. I'm sure I'll get it snugged up eventually, but I can't help but wonder if the older suspension, or a longer, hammock length 11 foot TW would be better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I played around with it a bit more yesterday, and got it pretty much dialed in. The issue I ran into is that because there is no elasticity on the foot end side, the mini carabiner cannot handle the stress under load, and the wire gate pops open when I get in the hammock. Once I get the second shock cord suspension from Jared, it should be plug-n-play.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I did the opposite when I dialed mine in. I loosened the shock cord side and the other side (untied the knot) about the same amount. Then I kept getting in, checked the distance underneath with my hand, and get out and then shorten the cords. I did this until the UQ was just barely touching. So far barely touching seems to work the best in staying warm. I figure my shock cord only supports the weight of the underquilt and barely any hammock weight.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I should mention I really like the UQ overall! I did add tie outs to attach my UQ to my hammock at the feet and shoulder to help keep everything in place when I get in and out, but they are not needed.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbite View Post
    I did the opposite when I dialed mine in. I loosened the shock cord side and the other side (untied the knot) about the same amount. Then I kept getting in, checked the distance underneath with my hand, and get out and then shorten the cords. I did this until the UQ was just barely touching. So far barely touching seems to work the best in staying warm. I figure my shock cord only supports the weight of the underquilt and barely any hammock weight.
    I do agree that the least amount of loading from above is probably the best approach with this quilt. What I did yesterday is loosen the side channel next to my legs, but cinch the one next to my shoulder a little more. That helped keep the quilt positioned against my shoulder, while allowing my feet to spread out the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast