DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images

NoVA Popcorn Hanger

Hi!

I'm a life-long back country backpacker currently living in the DC Metro area. I'd always carried a tent (or at least a fly and ground cloth when the weather and bugs allowed), but started using a hammock in 2018 after back-to-back ... -to-back air pad failures. The third time in a row was the charm ... I had to get off the ground. I haven't gained enough experience and confidence to sell my expensive UL tent just yet, but figure that will probably happen later this year with a few more successful hanging trips.

I've been lurking (and learning) on HF for a couple of years, finally created an account last fall, but haven't posted until now. It's a fantastic site, with tons of great ideas. I've been particularly interested in the DIY and UL forums. In just the past year I've tried (and replaced) several hammocks, learned to splice (even 1.75mm Lash-it!), made a PLUQ (then ditched it for Costco quilts), made my own snake skins, mastered more knots than I can count, and much more. I wouldn't have known where to begin without this site.

I've been tinkering with my gear too and have actually come up with an idea or two of my own. Even though I'm a relative noob, I'm thinking about sharing so I can get feedback and maybe spark an idea for someone else.

With no better place to say it, I'll say it here ... Thanks everyone!

PopcornFool

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Welcome to the posting populace, PF! You've been here long enough to know what you're in for, so no need to warn you.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

• + New Posts