Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Smart Governor.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Dutch, can we help your cash flow by continuing to place orders or would it be better to wait until you reopen?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    We will get through this stay positive I'm in the window cleaning business and for some weird reason I'm very busy this time of year!
    Its a good day to be out in the woods no matter the weather.Mist One..

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Dutch, can we help your cash flow by continuing to place orders or would it be better to wait until you reopen?
    Thank you. Today was hard, we worked really hard to get out all of the orders and were really successful. We were swamped with Banyan orders and got out all but 5 of them. In the face of everyone being laid off and in a time of complete uncertainty my team pulled together and really worked their butts off. It was really sad to put a padlock on the gates but I know it is really for the best. Many of my seamstresses are elderly and would be in dire straits if they got this virus. Also hopefully this helps the entire community as long as everyone else complies too.

So yes, placing orders helps greatly and I will be going it and fulfilling them as much as I can. I will be trying to take care of the vendors who's livelihood depends on me supplying fabrics and I have a lot of stock. I will no way be able to get out all of the orders but I will do what I can. Then when they give the go ahead again, my employees will be able to have a full schedule and we will get caught back up. We have been working on a new product that we can't wait to unveil so expect great things in the future. The Banyan had a great launch despite the worlds worse timing but we got a lot out and it will be good to get feedback on that. We also have new accessories to roll out for that. Although today I feel so defeated I am still optimistic and we are very solvent so we can weather the storm well.

Also take care of all the North American cottage vendors that built this industry. Now more than ever keeping our money here is really important to get people back to work. When you purchase from them, many of them, purchase their materials from Dutchware. Plus so many of the vendors that I know have seen a dip in sales from this uncertainty. The Cottage Vendors absolutely make the very best gear and it is the best value for money. Supporting them keeps them going and innovation happening.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you Dutch for all you do. We are a strong community and we will come out of this even stronger. Don't worry, once this is over, I'll be buying more gear to make up for lost time

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Life is definitely different during this time. We truly all are going to have to pull together in so, so, so many different ways. I hope your time being closed is short.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    We’re in this mess together. And we’ll be here when the mess clears up. Just keep dreamin up the goodies and we’ll keep sendin all our money. And I type this while swingin in a wide chameleon double layer.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Spitballin' here. Washington resident, things are getting scary and I know this is a hard hit but I'm glad your state appears to be able to make tough reality-based decisions.

I've been seeing calls for experienced seamstresses to help out sewing ppe masks to help with the medical ppe shortages. There is a 100 million masks initiative. You have shown to be a decent guy with access to quality equipment and a recently laid-off staff with valuable skills and likely a need for an income. It looks like sewing masks might be a way to keep you all working making money and providing a valuable service to us all if procedures can be set up to safely perform the task. Your equipment and skillset has became a vital national resource.

This is a large group of caring people who might be willing to chip in and facilitate funding such an endeavor to the benefit of those involved. Hate to see those valuable skills go to waste when, strange as it seems, it could save a life.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gooless View Post
    Spitballin' here. Washington resident, things are getting scary and I know this is a hard hit but I'm glad your state appears to be able to make tough reality-based decisions.

I've been seeing calls for experienced seamstresses to help out sewing ppe masks to help with the medical ppe shortages. There is a 100 million masks initiative. You have shown to be a decent guy with access to quality equipment and a recently laid-off staff with valuable skills and likely a need for an income. It looks like sewing masks might be a way to keep you all working making money and providing a valuable service to us all if procedures can be set up to safely perform the task. Your equipment and skillset has became a vital national resource.

This is a large group of caring people who might be willing to chip in and facilitate funding such an endeavor to the benefit of those involved. Hate to see those valuable skills go to waste when, strange as it seems, it could save a life.
    We are looking into just that.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett
    Be safe everyone; hopefully Dutchware will be back online in near future. Ordered a Banyan 3/20 before noon and suspect I did not slip under the wire.

Here at QiWiz UL Gear, we are still up and running because "we" is just me by myself in my workroom. Sometimes it helps to be a really SMALL business.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast