Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    The Jacks took all the major bridges on the Appalachian Trail.

Brandon took the best job on the trail.

Grizz has Shakespeare locked up.

I took the simple names.

Dutch has been sitting under a banyon tree for several years seeking bridge design enlightenment... seems fair to give credit where credit is due.

Or its a tree that sprouts many trees in many forms that attaches itself to the original tree/host tree and mayhaps them dual ridgelines floating above his daydreaming head as he laid in the bridge reminded him of that tree.

Guessing is definitely more fun than knowing.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Well there were actually a lot of right answers listed by these fine posts. We really struggled with this name much more than usual. As many of you know I like to bring nature into both my designs and names. We were going with Bridgemeleon at first but it finally got rejected because it was long and the name overall would not google well. Then we looked at maybe another lizard type name. Nothing struck us as perfect. We went months with kicking around names and actually if you watch the vid, I say "Hello, everybody, I'm Dutch, and this is my bridge hammock". When we shot that we didn't have a name yet. Finally we had to do the voice over and had to come up with a name. We started to look at trees and I like Hemlock Bridge Hammock. However there already is a Hemlock Hammock company. Then my customer service rep came up with Banyan. So we did some research. The Banyan tree spreads out roots and from there sprouts out a new tree. This is not far from how the Chameleon grew and spread out then the bridge sprouts out to form a whole new tree. So after some googling, we saw the Indian Banyan Bridge which made a bridge out of a the roots from two trees over a stream. I also like the sound of it and it wasn't terribly long which is important is you have to type it out all day long. So it is a combination of bringing Nature into the name, the flow of the name, and the neat Banyan Bridge in India. That and bunion bridge was a lousy name.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12'
    Insulation
    HG Econ/Tiaga 360
    Suspension
    Straps and UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well there were actually a lot of right answers listed by these fine posts. We really struggled with this name much more than usual. As many of you know I like to bring nature into both my designs and names. We were going with Bridgemeleon at first but it finally got rejected because it was long and the name overall would not google well. Then we looked at maybe another lizard type name. Nothing struck us as perfect. We went months with kicking around names and actually if you watch the vid, I say "Hello, everybody, I'm Dutch, and this is my bridge hammock". When we shot that we didn't have a name yet. Finally we had to do the voice over and had to come up with a name. We started to look at trees and I like Hemlock Bridge Hammock. However there already is a Hemlock Hammock company. Then my customer service rep came up with Banyan. So we did some research. The Banyan tree spreads out roots and from there sprouts out a new tree. This is not far from how the Chameleon grew and spread out then the bridge sprouts out to form a whole new tree. So after some googling, we saw the Indian Banyan Bridge which made a bridge out of a the roots from two trees over a stream. I also like the sound of it and it wasn't terribly long which is important is you have to type it out all day long. So it is a combination of bringing Nature into the name, the flow of the name, and the neat Banyan Bridge in India. That and bunion bridge was a lousy name.
    The Banyan leaves in the Banyan Bridge Hammock logo are a bit of a giveaway.

No Bunion doesn't cut it. If there's another model in the works, Kwai is still available!

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Wow, and here I thought it was because pretty soon enough you will be Abanyaning it for a GE hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12