Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kentmatt View Post
    Could you explain further why the increased tree to tree distance affects tarp length?

My own experience is that a RR can get by with a shorter tarp, because the overall hammock fabric length is less than a ge. (Amsteel still sticks out but it doesn't matter if that gets wet)
    You're correct and plenty of us share your opinion. However, some RR users want to have the tarp fully cover the suspension triangles of the RR so that the doors can be completely closed with just the CL, strap, or whoopie exiting the tarp. 13' tarp is required for this if the RR is hung at the usual suspension angles.

I've always used a stock 11' Cloudburst with the RR when I do use that hammock (full disclosure, that's not often). The width of that tarp, plus plenty of overhang at each end of the hammock has always kept me dry. Some might want the doors at the ends, and might want them fully closed, if limiting exposure to wind is a concern for them.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Kentmatt, if you have a tarp without doors, it doesn’t matter. For the RR, a recommended distance between the apex connectors (where the two lines from the side come together) is 13 ft. So if you are using a shorter tarp, with doors, the lines from that apex hardware back to the sides of the RR will keep the doors open a bit near the ridge line. Not much, but if complete closure of those doors is important, you’ll want a tarp at least as long as the distance between those connectors. If a person prefers the feel/stability of 12 ft between that apex hardware, they can get by with a 12 ft tarp. Again, this is only an issue when using a tarp with doors.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Great review, looks like a great hammock indeed! What does it weigh without the net or any accessories? The JRB James River weighs 18 oz with spreader bars, for comparison, which is the lightest bridge I have tested. Also, it(JRB) needs I think about 11.5 ft between trees, interested to see what this one requires.

Any one have that info, did I miss it? Weight without net or accessories, and minimum distance between trees, or between triangle apex?

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Spiguyver,

I have a couple of questions I hope you can answer based on your testing of the prototype.

#1. In your video I got the impression that the top cover accessory had the ability to close off the vented portion if desired. I do not see that ability in Dutch's videos. Am I misinterpreting the video or did that feature get removed in the production model?

#2. While lying in the hammock, is it possible to unzip the zipper tabs from either side around the head end corners to allow the head end of the bug net or top cover to open and fold down towards the foot end? I am sure that the design of the two way zipper would easily allow this to be done from outside an empty hammock but my concern is whether or not the weight of an occupant would put enough pressure on the zipper corners that it would be difficult to bring the zipper tabs around them from the inside.

Thanks!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    Hexon 1.6 has a weight rating of 350 lbs in a gathered end hammock, but 250 lbs here. Is there something about the bridge hammock design that makes it less robust or is this just being cautious until it can be more fully tested?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    Hexon 1.6 has a weight rating of 350 lbs in a gathered end hammock, but 250 lbs here. Is there something about the bridge hammock design that makes it less robust or is this just being cautious until it can be more fully tested?
    There are many more factors that the tear strength of the fabric. The stresses are completely different in a bridge and you are putting loads on the bars. But shoulder width really plays a part into how comfortable you will be in a bridge.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hey Dutch. Any chance you’ll be coming out with a double layer Banyan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    Today Dutch released a new Bridge Hammock. I have had the opportunity to test a prototype for the past few months and have had some input to the changes that went into the final production model.

Check out my video of it!

I’m sold. Just ordered one. I have a chameleon but hoping this will allow for more comfortable side sleeping.

Just an update on my experience. I had high hopes for this hammock as I am a side/stomach sleeper. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. This was the first bridge hammock I’ve tried so I can’t compare it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Spearfisherman71 View Post
    Just an update on my experience. I had high hopes for this hammock as I am a side/stomach sleeper. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. This was the first bridge hammock I’ve tried so I can’t compare it to others.
    What issues did you have when trying to sleep on your side or stomach?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast