Being nearly a half foot taller and almost 4 stone heavier, I love my Humming Bird style suspension. I made my own from a 10' piece of UHMWPE strap from Dutch (cut in half) then I hand sewed 2 1" loops in the end of the straps. To this I attached EVO Loops to connect at the tree end. and Larks headed the whoopie sling to the other. At the hammock I attach the whoopie sling to a 12kN carabiner and CL. For our area (a 200 mile circle around C-bus) I find the 5' strap is enough for 95% of trees and you will have strap sticking through the EVO loop. For the other 5% I am ok with the EVO loop capturing the whoopie. I've only run into one occasion where I had to hang from a tree where the whoopie starter to wrap around behind the tree. In this case, I used the EVO loop as a CL and fed the strap through it, instead of wrapping the EVO loop back on itself. This gave enough clearance to have strap on all tree-bearing surfaces.

This set-up is plenty strong enough, For me. FYI the whoopies are 7/64" Amsteel.

The only drawback I see is the UHMWPE strap likes to curl and become like a 1/4" rope. I am constantly flattening it out.

In conclusion, I do like the Humming bird style suspension.