Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessy/ Woods
    Insulation
    Hennessy DB
    Suspension
    Hennessy

HH super shelter

Just received this today, cant wait to try it out...got it back in the stuff sack on the fist try....lmao
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Great - thanks for sharing and let us know how you like it. This is the same Open Cell Foam (OCF) based system I use, but you have a much nicer compression sack.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hot tip: I was actually able to get the whole shebang (hammock + OCF pad + undercover) into that compression bag, leaving all the suspension out the top (in case it gets wet) and held in place with the bag lid.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessy/ Woods
    Insulation
    Hennessy DB
    Suspension
    Hennessy
    Great tip thanks.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessy/ Woods
    Insulation
    Hennessy DB
    Suspension
    Hennessy
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Great - thanks for sharing and let us know how you like it. This is the same Open Cell Foam (OCF) based system I use, but you have a much nicer compression sack.
    To be honest Im not a big fan of the compression bag, I was hoping for the older stuff sack.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    The Undercover is waterproof. I haven't been in and serious rain, but rolling the hammock/SS has worked well and is easy to deploy/take down:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...mageuser=27438
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    When I had one, I substituted a ¾ Therm-a-Rest (Guide model) pad for the OCF pad. That gave me a go-to-ground option when I was first starting out. Hennessy doesn’t get a lot of love - relative to the other quality options - but it worked for me (using either the full super shelter or just the under cover and another pad). the switch from the Expedition to the much larger HH Survivor (no longer made) propelled me to the other larger (11 ft) hammocks. With such and early summer, I hope you get to enjoy many nights with your set up.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    The Undercover is waterproof. I haven't been in and serious rain, but rolling the hammock/SS has worked well and is easy to deploy/take down:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...mageuser=27438
    Hey guys, I think this is the new system. I think the old system is still available. These 2 systems are significantly different.
    Old system:
    https://hennessyhammock.com/products...n-system-1-zip

New system:
    https://hennessyhammock.com/products...expedition-zip

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    When I had one, I substituted a ¾ Therm-a-Rest (Guide model) pad for the OCF pad. That gave me a go-to-ground option when I was first starting out. Hennessy doesn’t get a lot of love - relative to the other quality options - but it worked for me (using either the full super shelter or just the under cover and another pad). the switch from the Expedition to the much larger HH Survivor (no longer made) propelled me to the other larger (11 ft) hammocks. With such and early summer, I hope you get to enjoy many nights with your set up.
    I also had plenty of good experiences with my old system, and still use it on occasion. Still works fine. The new system,again, is different. If I have it right, all layers are breathable, unless you add the space blanket. "With just the oversize open cell foam pad, most people are comfortable down to about 40 F / 4 C. Adding the space blanket under the pad should take you down to below freezing. The space blanket can be placed above or below the pad depending on the temperature, humidity and what works best for you.". They have added the option to put the space blanket on top of the pad or under. I think it originally was only under the pad. Of course the original HHSS always had the space blanket on top pf the pad(on the warm side of insulation) with the under cover being non-breathable, water and wind proof sil-nylon. So there are some significant differences we should be aware of. Here's hoping that the new system works as well for jrme1972 as the old always has for me! Let us know!

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessy/ Woods
    Insulation
    Hennessy DB
    Suspension
    Hennessy
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hey guys, I think this is the new system. I think the old system is still available. These 2 systems are significantly different.
    Old system:
    https://hennessyhammock.com/products...n-system-1-zip

New system:
    https://hennessyhammock.com/products...expedition-zip

I also had plenty of good experiences with my old system, and still use it on occasion. Still works fine. The new system,again, is different. If I have it right, all layers are breathable, unless you add the space blanket. "With just the oversize open cell foam pad, most people are comfortable down to about 40 F / 4 C. Adding the space blanket under the pad should take you down to below freezing. The space blanket can be placed above or below the pad depending on the temperature, humidity and what works best for you.". They have added the option to put the space blanket on top of the pad or under. I think it originally was only under the pad. Of course the original HHSS always had the space blanket on top pf the pad(on the warm side of insulation) with the under cover being non-breathable, water and wind proof sil-nylon. So there are some significant differences we should be aware of. Here's hoping that the new system works as well for jrme1972 as the old always has for me! Let us know!
    mine is the old system not the new 4 season version.... expedition zip single layer hammock and just bought the super shelter for it (undercover and foam under pad) they just changed the stuff sack to a compression bag.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    This “reflective surface” characteristic comes up from time to time. I haven’t had an opportunity for practical experimentation but “people say …” in order to benefit from the heat radiation reflection, there has to be a distance. In other words, If you wrap yourself in a space blanket - or have it right next to you (on top of the OCF), then it will act as a wind barrier, but there will be conduction heat transfer. If you create some space (below the OCF) then will act as a wind barrier AND reflect back heat. I think they are saying that if there isn’t a gap, the conduction property will be the pervailing characteristic over reflection.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast