DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I get it.. makes sense when you look at the quoted rules of engagement.

Maybe we just make it habit to use a tag in all the posts that are related to UL hammock backpacking. I see the word 'ultralight' comes up in the 70 most-searched-for thread tags in the Advanced Search.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Just FYI, the mods and admins are discussing this off line. You will see our decision soon. Thanks
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I have no argument with what you are saying. But learning Ultra Light camping techniques is a bit out of the scope of this forum.
    Our parent forum is centered around backpacking and hiking. We specialize in hammocks and hammock accessories. Nothing more.:
    Except for the fact that the donating members section is EXACTLY for non hammock-related topics. So why not just create the sub-forum and put it in the donating members section? This way there's no contradiction with how it is being handled as opposed to every other sub-forum.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Except for the fact that the donating members section is EXACTLY for non hammock-related topics. So why not just create the sub-forum and put it in the donating members section? This way there's no contradiction with how it is being handled as opposed to every other sub-forum.

That was my point in mentioning the Paddling forum, and its’ anemic activity, and general absence of hammocks in the recent posts. Looking at the search results, a UL hammock hiking/backpacking sub would likely have greater activity, relatively, and could drive additional revenue to HF if it resides in the donating member section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm kinda bored lately. How about a "Pot Stirring" section where we only discuss religion, politics and guns?

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I'm kinda bored lately. How about a "Pot Stirring" section where we only discuss religion, politics and guns?
    Best idea yet so far! Maybe we could get Rockets Redglare un-banned since I'm sure he/she would be game.

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I was thinking about this and I thought about the DIY forum. Why is this in a separate section? Sure, it's about hammocks and tarps, etc. but the focus is DIY. Everyone of those posts would still be appropriate for other forums but they've been collected into a single section based on their shared primary characteristic, e.g., DIY.

The idea of a UL forum seems the same for me. A place where the primary focus is UL.

Now "off topic" posts, well, that's maybe a different issue with regards to UL. When we think DIY we think DIYing tarps, hammocks, etc. that all directly relate to hammocks. I don't see a lot of posts about DIYing backpacks for example. When I think UL, I find myself thinking at a higher level, i.e., I'm just as concerned about the grams my cook system weighs as the grams of my hammock. I'm not sure a strictly hammock UL forum would be as useful as a general purpose UL forum. However a general UL forum may not be appropriate for the general forum area.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    I was thinking about this and I thought about the DIY forum. Why is this in a separate section? Sure, it's about hammocks and tarps, etc. but the focus is DIY. Everyone of those posts would still be appropriate for other forums but they've been collected into a single section based on their shared primary characteristic, e.g., DIY.

The idea of a UL forum seems the same for me. A place where the primary focus is UL.

Now "off topic" posts, well, that's maybe a different issue with regards to UL. When we think DIY we think DIYing tarps, hammocks, etc. that all directly relate to hammocks. I don't see a lot of posts about DIYing backpacks for example. When I think UL, I find myself thinking at a higher level, i.e., I'm just as concerned about the grams my cook system weighs as the grams of my hammock. I'm not sure a strictly hammock UL forum would be as useful as a general purpose UL forum. However a general UL forum may not be appropriate for the general forum area.
    You don't see the DIY posts for non hammock related issues because the mods move them PDQ.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I'd think that would be tamer than what is the best hammock?

Oh BTY way it is a $5.00 Amazon special.

How about Sub forum for Shug! All Shug all the time...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post

Just a quick update. Rick the owner has made a folder for the DM section it is not active(open so you guys can see it) yet
    I think he is waiting on one admins input. It should not be very long now. I look forward to seeing what kind of traffic it brings to the site.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast