Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    So, going forward, any UL content needs to be posted in the DM sub-forum? Fine for me, but what about hammock noobs? First thing most younger hikers thinking of switching/trying hammocks are going to ask in the Hammocks sub is....."what are some good UL hammocks, any pointers as far as UL backpacking with a hammock for noobs? Thanks, J Doe."

I was fortunate enough that when I got the bug a few years ago, I got it bad and had the means to experiment. Or am I overthinking?

Edited: Clarity (I hope)
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Images
    No, but if the thread topic is specifically about UL gear that isn't related to hammocks, suspensions, weather protection (tarps & suspensions, socks, etc), or hammock insulation, then the thread is technically off-topic for the free section of the forum. In the past, the mods would likely either steer the conversation to be hammock-focused, or the thread would be moved to a subforum within the donating area. Likewise, if a thread topic was specifically about general philosophy or strategies for UL backpacking (not hammock specific) it would technically be off topic in the free sections. Now there's a specific place for creating UL focused threads, where hammocks don't necessarily need to be the focus, in the donating area (though there were already subforums in the donating section for non-hammock gear segments and for general backpacking topics).

The examples you gave would be fine for the free section, because they relate to hammocks.

The second thread created in the new subforum is about UL bridge hammocks, so it would be at home in either section.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 03-18-2020 at 18:39.

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    No, but if the thread topic is specifically about UL gear that isn't related to hammocks, weather protection (tarps, socks, etc), or hammock insulation, then the thread is technically off-topic for the free section of the forum. In the past, the mods would likely either steer the conversation to be hammock-focused, or the thread would be moved to a subforum within the donating area. Likewise, if a thread topic was specifically about general philosophy or strategies for UL backpacking (not hammock specific) it would technically be off topic in the free sections. Now there's a specific place for creating UL focused threads in the donating area (though there were already subforums in the donating section for non-hammock gear segments and for general backpacking topics).

The examples you gave would be fine for the free section, because they relate to hammocks.

The second thread created in the new subforum is about UL bridge hammocks, so it would be at home in either section.
    Ok, so I was missing something. Thanks cmc4free!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Well it's been up for a while, so let's put this one to bed why don't we.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Ultra Light thread has been added to the donating member area and it active. Closing this thread.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456