Post Questions on HG Fiber palace 12' with Ridgerunner

Hi guys, I really wanted a 13' Fiber Palace tarp, but as HG doesn't do custom tarps anymore I was wondering if anyone could answer questions on the 12' Fiber Palace with a Ridgerunner:

1 - How much of a gap is there around the Y suspension when the doors are closed?

2 - I am wondering if the suspension could be tied up a little closer to avoid a gap in the doors (this would make it less stable, but I've seen RR mods where the Y suspension is choked up 7" to 1' by a ridgeline, which is run across the hammock.

3 - I'd like a good dyneema tarp that works with the Ridgerunner. Are there any other (better) bets than the 12' Fiber Palace, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks! If anyone has this setup, pictures would be awesome!

Robby

Hammock
    Blackbird / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema 4-Door
    Insulation
    TQ + Wooki / Lynx
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I do not have experience with a 13 footer, but I have read that it should be sufficient to fully close the doors, and 12 feet would have a small gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin6264 View Post
    I do not have experience with a 13 footer, but I have read that it should be sufficient to fully close the doors, and 12 feet would have a small gap.
    Yeah, thats what I was told by HG too. The 13 footer would be perfect, but I can't get one of those as they don't do custom anymore, so I was trying to determine how big/small the gap was with the 12 footer.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I use a RR with a 12 foot standard DCF tarp from HG.

I'd like to have another 6 inches on both ends and a little more width in the sides, what I have is perfectly fine.

Because the RR lays flat, it doesn't hang low enough to cause me alarm plus, in inclement weather, I set the tarp as low as I can.

As far as the doors not closing up completely, they don't but, it's a pretty minimal opening and, because the hammock body is far away from the top of the doors, I've never gotten wet in heavy wind or rain.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for all the help with this everyone! One of these days we will have a specific tarp for bridge hammocks and / or two gathered end hammock setups.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I use a hammock gear12' winter palace with doors on my ridge runner---works very well! I am not able to completly shut the doors, but they are able to close in around the suspension triangle. with maybe a foot, foot and a half gap. If you are a diy guy, its very possible to shorten the dog bones at the foot end, -it will be a bit tippier but you would have a shorter hammock suspension. Also, I use the pole mods from dutchware (the ones that go over the top of the tarp and hook up to the pull outs) Thats a pretty sweet set up--so roomy! Its a great tarp, a bit bulkier than sil, but lighter , and a lot more water proof. (I was in a huge rain storm last fall on the foot hills trail in SC--lasted most of a day and night, and I stayed very dry!) Keep an eye on the for sale forum--you can get a pretty good deal sometimes! One more thing, i hear people say how fragile a cuban tarp is compared to sil---In my opinion, a cuban tarp is incredibly strong--Ive used mine exclusivly for the past 2 years with no problems at all (and I bought it used!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Very helpful!

• + New Posts