DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    I don't know. If this is going to be a problem I guess just PM me and we can do this off site or in another fashion. It just seems to me that this is what a site like this should be about. Charge a fee for enrollment that everyone has to pay. Administrate this with the enrollment fee and then offer people "kick-backs" on services rendered.

Anyone that is interested in this PM me. I will figure out a way to make this work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    PM sent.
    I don't think there needs to be a problem. Keep it simple, start with just a thread in DIY forum and see if it grows enough interest to warrant being made a sticky. Open to all members to participate in good faith or ignore it as they choose. No special rules, fees, or "policing" required if all negotiations and transactions are entirely member-to-member via PMs. Any member could post in the proposed thread what skill(s) they offer and perhaps what in general they'd like to to receive in trade. Likewise, any member can ask in the same thread for skilled help making/finishing/repairing some article of hammock-related gear, and perhaps suggest some offer to trade for the work. All negotiation between members would be in PMs, to keep any personal info private and also to avoid cluttering up the thread with project-specific follow-up posts that will go "stale" quickly. Needed supplies, shipping, estimated time to completion, quality warranty, etc would be entirely between members to negotiate and to honor.

I dont see a thread such as the OP's as a "fix" or alternative to the Vendors forum, nor to the donating members' buy/sell/trade. Clearly they serve a valuable purpose. But I think what the OP wants to do is different from either of those. I see such a thread in the DIY forum as a convenient and useful way to bring interested members' skills and needs for those skills together in one place, rather than searching through the forum hoping to find a skilled member with the inclination to help another that goes beyond posting good advice and instruction when a physical hand is also needed. I know it happens among members who know each other from group hangs, and some of you go way back to the beginning of HF and before. I'm not interested in ruffling anybody's feathers. I'm just one voice, speaking only for myself. I'd just like to see if there's much interest in expanding hands-on skills sharing to a wider, newer membership that for their own reasons don't or perhaps can't attend those events.

That's all I have.

this is a good idea! i have been apart of a group like your idea that used Facebook "groups" as the way to do it. this allowed them to control access to who was allowed in.

I feel like a lot of people have more connection and an overall higher feeling of trust and understanding when someones name and face was linked to their needs. this gets rid of some of the scammers and riff raff you find and adds more accountability.

Something to think about! i would be willing to join, i have odds and ends that i could offer. Admittedly my sewing skills are not up to par to offer out lol. i could also offer the use of my 2 sewing machines semi-locally.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phil823 View Post
    this is a good idea! i have been apart of a group like your idea that used Facebook "groups" as the way to do it. this allowed them to control access to who was allowed in.

I feel like a lot of people have more connection and an overall higher feeling of trust and understanding when someones name and face was linked to their needs. this gets rid of some of the scammers and riff raff you find and adds more accountability.

Something to think about! i would be willing to join, i have odds and ends that i could offer. Admittedly my sewing skills are not up to par to offer out lol. i could also offer the use of my 2 sewing machines semi-locally.
    Shoot me a PM in your name and maybe a contact. However you prefer to be contacted I guess we'll get something rolling welcome aboard!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12