Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    In truth the modifications I am making to my bridge UQ to convert it to a Clew also include provision for the up and over, I watched a "Bill" video before and it made perfect sense. Putting all the connection tabs on at one time also makes sense, then I can play with the setup and not have to go back and forth to the sewing machine.

Brian

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    To Slugger's point: For the bigger, broader fill the whole width of the bridge at the shoulder folks- slipping the suspension over the head bar can do the trick by itself. Though I would caution you to be extra careful with the spreader bars, especially when the bridge is new and the amsteel hasn't taken a set. Of the few folks who have shot a bar through the bridge; most of them were related to the UQ somehow. What a few folks did was undo the spreader and slip the suspension over the hammock body (or wrap the Primary around the bar) then put the spreader bar back in. While that works fine when fully loaded; as you get into the bridge the UQ suspension stretches first which can then grab or push the spreader out of the amsteel leading to tragic unhappiness.
    I don't actually "hook" or attach the UQ to the end of the spreader's themselves, but the line coming down from the Triangle Thingie on the ridge line kinda "hooks" around the fabric that is pushed out by the spreaders. I'll see if I can get some better pictures of the set up this week for everyone. With my set up I have no cold spots under me. BUT...with that being said, I also follow Bill's advice and have a heavier-than-needed top quilt or sleeping bag opened up like a top quilt that I use every time also. Snug as a bug in a rug!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    I don't actually "hook" or attach the UQ to the end of the spreader's themselves, but the line coming down from the Triangle Thingie on the ridge line kinda "hooks" around the fabric that is pushed out by the spreaders. I'll see if I can get some better pictures of the set up this week for everyone. With my set up I have no cold spots under me. BUT...with that being said, I also follow Bill's advice and have a heavier-than-needed top quilt or sleeping bag opened up like a top quilt that I use every time also. Snug as a bug in a rug!
    I follow you... I think I mixed your rig up with someone else's in my mind. Many of the early adopters were trying out something similar and I lumped you in with them in my mind. Mark (the first tester) did hook on but he uses the prussic shock cord trick and the quilt literally wraps over the bars... several folks followed suit with variations on that theme. Several folks also have seen RR rigs and think that clipping the quilt to the bar is the 'proper' way to hang a quilt so they keep trying their best to tie into the bar in some way.

That said, If you do get a chance to snap some pictures next time it's convenient I'm sure it would help others see. I am a Large/XL shirt size but not quite a Big Guy by my current bridge standards ... so having a fella your size modeling for others would help better show off how it looks with broader shoulders. Even at my size the quilt still wraps me a little more into a slight 'C' shape at the end. On the very broad shouldered users the quilt is much more fully D shaped and rides a little higher up... creating that 'kinda hooks' look you describe. As much as I like talking and typing away- it's easier just to see it.

One of these days I should take some pictures of that myself but the few times I do get to a group hang demoing one I find myself yapping away with a glass of Kentucky sterilization fluid in my hand rather than a camera.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Got a chance to set it up today. Here are some pictures of how I attach my HG Incubator UQ on the BGBH. Triangle Thingie hooks to the ridgeline. Shock cord comes down, wraps around the fabric pushed out by the spreader bars, goes underneath to the UQ & connects to the tabs on each side & each end already sewn in to the UQ as purchased. The side picture you see - the brown fabric is the hammock side & the black fabric is the UQ, so you can see it rides up nicely on the sides. Each end fully covers me from above my head down to my feet. The UQ end shock cords just clip onto the hammock 'biners at each end.

P5090016.jpgP5090015.jpgP5090014.jpgP5090013.jpgP5090012.jpgP5090010.jpgP5090009.jpgP5090008.jpgP5090007.jpg
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Thanks Slugger!

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    My Loco Libre that I already had fits mine great.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    Hey Slugger, what hammock stand is that in your pictures?
    Thanks

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradA72 View Post
    Hey Slugger, what hammock stand is that in your pictures?
    Thanks
    Hammeck stand....unfortunately no longer made. Great stand built by a family business.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-of-Operations

Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Hammeck stand....unfortunately no longer made. Great stand built by a family business.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-of-Operations
    Thanks!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    I use a Hudson from jacks... They are huge and I just use some shock cord to shrink it up to exactly fit what I need and it gives me side baffles that way. Basically takes 5 minutes to kind of make it custom fit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast