Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    Quilt
    Images
    I've been using the Ridgerunner and Superfly setup with cinch buckles and straps--I started out with a pad and sleeping bag--eventually up grading to an under quilt and top quilt. Usually up in that country during shoulder season, early spring and fall, before and after bug season. Can't go wrong with the hammock set up, never had a problem finding a place to hang. Have a good trip

Hammock
    WB BBXLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    I am a Warbonnet fan. I have done several trips to the BWCA which is for excellent hammock camping.

I have two set ups:

#1 Ridgerunner with Cloudburst tarp. I like this hammock on warmer June-August trips.

#2 Blackbird XLC with Thunderfly tarp. I prefer this hammock in May and September. But if I had to pick just one, this would be it. With the available under quilt protector and winter top cover you can get a system that will handle a wide range of weather conditions.

For suspension I use WB dyneema becket straps and trap hooks on both set ups. Super easy and light.

I also use pullout poles to provide a little more space under the tarps.

I use Dutchware hardware on the tarps: CRL with hook, wasp and soft shackles; tarpworms or ticks on the edges. Properly rigged they will handle a strong storm and easily switch to porch mode on nicer evenings.

Finally I recommend Simply Light Design’s single snakeskins and catch all sacks.. Makes set up and packing much faster.

Only downside is these set ups can get expensive, especially when you add in TQs and UQs, but its great quality and you get what you pay for! But WB runs numerous sales each year which helps on the cost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12