Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeeler87 View Post
    Yes it should be 58'' wide with the regular HyperD. Im trying to lighten my pack just a little bit without affecting comfort. If its not wide enough ill just have to get me another hammock haha. Do y'all use the DH UQ or not? My next purchase will be upgrading my winter UQ to a full length.
    Dream Hammock doesn't make underquilts, but they do endorse the use of UGQ underquilts, of which I have a couple. Great product, right up there with any of the other top hammock quilt makers.

https://ugqoutdoor.com/

Here is my Sparrow with a full length (77") 20° UGQ Zeppelin.

Last edited by cmc4free; 03-03-2020 at 11:49.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Im sure I will from all I hear about Dream Hammock. Just curious why do you like the Darien better and what is the differences in the Man 1.2 and Hyper D 1.6?
    I love the Darien because it is so lightweight- but still provides full bug protection. My Darien in the 1.2 fabric weighs only 13.5. By contrast, my Raven in 1.6 is 19.6oz. the 1.6 is a little more firm than the 1.2. Some folks are very sensitive to "stretchy" fabrics. I do feel a difference in stretch between the two, but it doesn't bother me at all. The extra width on my Darien is awesome, however. I am 6'1", and like the fact that the hammock and bug net don't press against my ankle in the Darien- which happens in my Raven at 58" wide. It's not a huge issue, and if I had gone with pull-outs on the Raven, it wouldn't be an issue at all. The pullouts on my Darien open up the hammock very well, and relieve any pressure spots on my shoulder and ankles.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Dream Hammock doesn't make underquilts, but they do endorse the use of UGQ underquilts, of which I have a couple. Great product, right up there with any of the other top hammock quilt makers.

https://ugqoutdoor.com/

Here is my Sparrow with a full length (77") 20° UGQ Zeppelin.

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the info. I will keep them in mind on my next purchase

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I love the Darien because it is so lightweight- but still provides full bug protection. My Darien in the 1.2 fabric weighs only 13.5. By contrast, my Raven in 1.6 is 19.6oz. the 1.6 is a little more firm than the 1.2. Some folks are very sensitive to "stretchy" fabrics. I do feel a difference in stretch between the two, but it doesn't bother me at all. The extra width on my Darien is awesome, however. I am 6'1", and like the fact that the hammock and bug net don't press against my ankle in the Darien- which happens in my Raven at 58" wide. It's not a huge issue, and if I had gone with pull-outs on the Raven, it wouldn't be an issue at all. The pullouts on my Darien open up the hammock very well, and relieve any pressure spots on my shoulder and ankles.
    Awesome. I ordered pull outs on my sparrow and am also 6'1'' so thats good to know. I am impressed with the weight of your Darien and might look at that type of setup in the future.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Awesome. I ordered pull outs on my sparrow and am also 6'1'' so thats good to know. I am impressed with the weight of your Darien and might look at that type of setup in the future.
    Most of the weight savings provided by the Darien stems from only having a zipper on one side; the net is sewn to the hammock body on the other side. If you ever go that route, I highly suggest making sure you get the UQ hooks. Otherwise, you'll have a harder time adjusting it from inside the hammock.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Most of the weight savings provided by the Darien stems from only having a zipper on one side; the net is sewn to the hammock body on the other side. If you ever go that route, I highly suggest making sure you get the UQ hooks. Otherwise, you'll have a harder time adjusting it from inside the hammock.
    Ok I was thinking the material made the weight difference.

Images
    For a 58" x 11' hammock blank (excluding bugnet, zippers, thread, ridgeline, continuous loops, etc) you have a little over 5.9 sq yds of fabric. That means there would be about a 2.36oz difference between 1.2 and 1.6 fabric to make that hammock blank.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    For a 58" x 11' hammock blank (excluding bugnet, zippers, thread, ridgeline, continuous loops, etc) you have a little over 5.9 sq yds of fabric. That means there would be about a 2.36oz difference between 1.2 and 1.6 fabric to make that hammock blank.
    That makes sense. Math was not my best subject in school.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    The fabric does make a difference too. But all things being equal, the Darien is going to be Dream Hammock's lightest bug net hammock.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    The fabric does make a difference too. But all things being equal, the Darien is going to be Dream Hammock's lightest bug net hammock.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Good to know, I have a feeling the wait for this hammock will be a challenge.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast