[admins pls remove the other duplicate post in the wrong “other” forum]

I'd like to do an overnighter while there's snow yet this year up in the St. Croix St. Forest and looking for suggestions for a 50 yrd clearing. The park office has been very encouraging. The only area I've scouted with a sat. view is around Grace Lake, corner of 25 and 173.

My challenges are parking my sedan and finding a 50 yrd clearing so I can watch the sky and woodline at night. My favorite things.

Lucky there's plenty of snowmobile trails to walk making it easier, though I prefer to stay withing a mile or 2 of the car.

Last weekend I spent another night in Sand Dunes St. Forest, warm weather, open tarp and spending a lot of time watching the late night sky and woodlines. That place has been really good to me, being so close to the cities. I get out more because of it's proximity.

FWIW: I'm a grounder using 10x10 tarp, so at least have something in common. Hope I'm not breaking rules posting in this Outings forum. I posted pictures over at another forum: https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threa...stions.271616/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk