Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Talking Alabama Sipsey Wolfpen Hang

It all started out on a wet cold Thursday afternoon, as our camp host showed up (SuperTroll) and his amazing wife (Divinity) just waiting and itching to put up the group tarp knowing the sun may pop out anytime. As the rain moved off and over the mountains of Sipsey Wilderness and the Bankhead forest SirTalksalot drives in and starts a awesome conversations of his travels. Meanwhile a few more shows up and the fun begins. It’s Friday morning and everyone noticed that it’s going to be a golden Graham day and waits with excitement on whom may show up next. Time goes by and people start slowly arriving, someone yells out Let The Fun Begin! Someone yelled out again it’s that crazy Bankheadboy everyone keep your eyes on him he’s crazy and may run off in the woods at any minute. Well people kelp showing up. As the sun went down the cold air came down like a witches tit it got cold fast the next morning everything had a good layer of frost on everything. Saturday morning came and it was another golden Graham day. Divinity fixed coffee for everyone and then cooked a good breakfast for all. Her and John are amazing people and good friends and how did we miss Ashley and miss Wanda and uncle Steve this time, our prayers go out to you guys and hope to see y’all soon. Let the hike began we hiked down to a Beautiful little canyon with some awesome waterfalls. After that hike we had lunch and then headed out to finish our biggest bluff shelters tour in Bankhead. It still amazes me every time I go. Then a few of us Chris, Adam and myself went to check out Kinlock shelter, we got back around dark. I think Divinity and Charlotte had chili made up for all to eat. We all hanged out around the fire and told of all Hammock stuff we have in our closets and wished we had more of the lasted and greatest gear. Sunday morning came early again the clouds was rolling in and again a few of us hit the trail trying to get our moneys worth. We headed out to check out the old car and Mize mill and Turkeyfoot canyon. The waterfalls did not disappoint they were flowing Beautifully . After that we all said our good byes and couldn’t wait till the next Alabama Sipsey Wolfpen Hang. You guys post pictures if you got them!
    Last edited by Bankheadboy; 02-25-2020 at 11:36.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    What a great hang....great camping, ....great campers!!!...we braved winter temperatures...a good chance to test winter equipment!!!
    We had folks representing Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee!!!
    Thanks to all that contributed food!!!
    Friday dinner was Taco soup, and Chili Saturday...
    (I'm gonna get me a bigger pot so I can make bigger batches of soup!!!)
    Breakfasts are always yummmy... hard for me to mess up scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage!!!...sure missed Wanda's sausage gravy!!!!
    The white chili and morning ham was made by Jeff...(Fluffy)...it was yummy...
    Charlotte made cornbread, and Katie made homemade brownies....Adam brought fresh, farm eggs....thanks to your mom!!!
    Mike pitched in eggs, and David pitched in eggs and sausage for the last day!!! ( I hope I didn't miss anyone...if so I'm sorry!!!)
    We made Jiffy pop Saturday night.....and there were marshmallows and peeps to roast!!!
    Thanks for all the firewood!!!...what awesome campfires we had!!!
    Thanks to SuperTroll for setting up the kitchen, heater to keep us warm ...and lots of water for cleaning up!!!
    Thanks for posting pics of our beautiful Sipsey...
    Sorry to all who could not make it....sometimes life gets in the way....
    Hope to see y'all in the Spring!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I love these people.
    There. I said it!
    Strangers who met in the woods/on the internet (what a dichotomy)
    I learned a valuable lesson about having help with tweaking your underquilt on a new hammock- a cold lesson to learn. Thank you, Chriss, for making sure I was fixed for the second night. My new SLD Trail Lair was much more comfortable when I wasn't shivering.

The adventures led by Bankheadboy were awesome, as usual. The best things can be found off trail. Neighborhood Ninja didn't get there before we headed out, but he looks like the kind of person that might enjoy some bushwacking and off trail sightseeing.

We enjoyed meeting the new Folks. Thanks to CajunRacer for setting up a rig for a first timer. Another Convert?

And, again, to Divinity and Supertroll- Y'all are the BEST! Thank you for everything y'all did to make sure people were fed and warmed.

Until next time-
    Charlotte

Sounds like a great hang!!! Sorry we missed it. Hopefully we can get to the Spring Hang. Some of the best people in the world are found in the woods!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 3
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Sounds like the typical great time. Hate that I got under the weather and couldn't make it this time.
    Tim
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    I can post pics, but only one at a time.....lol....sounds like I need to upgrade

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    I didn't get any pictures of the big bluff shelter.
    I hope your felling better Tim we will see soon.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    I didn't get any pictures of the big bluff shelter.
    I hope your felling better Tim we will see soon.
    I have pics, call my number again and I will text you what I have or I can try and post them here next week. We are headed out after work for a late arrival. Staying in the Brushy Lake area and plan to explore there tomorrow (any tips appreciated) and likely do the same Sunday morning hike to the car with the kids.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast