Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images

UQP tips and tricks

Good evening hammockers, I just got my dream-tex Eldorado along with their UQP and I would like to ask for some tips & tricks from those with warbonnets UQP experience. I would like to know which under quilts are being used and or preferred and if zipping the top cover or net is way to go? My only initial concern is the ample sag I’m thinking may often make contact with the ground but all pointers are welcome?

Thanks in advance.
    UQP.jpg
    Instagram: TakeaHikeSpike
    Web: spike.ca
    YouTube: TakeaHikeSpike

Images
    I assume you have it attached via the ribbon ties? It doesn't look like you have it zipped to the net. The sag is by design, as you want the UQP to be loose and not in direct contact with the UQ.

One of my hammock combos is a complete buy-in to the Warbonnet ecosystem. BBXLC with bugnet and winter top cover, Wooki XL UQ, and XLC UQP. I have the UQP with the extra zipper track, so it can zip to the net/top cover, to the hammock, or to both at the same time. The Wooki with the BBXLC and the UQP are a very well designed system and work great together.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post

One of my hammock combos is a complete buy-in to the Warbonnet ecosystem. ...
    Now THAT'S pretty comprehensive! Now all you need is one of Brandon's "matching" TQ to make it complete! Maybe TQs and UQ in every temp rating...

Seriously, I'm impressed. I have an earlier XLC with both bug net and top cover as well as a Yeti. I've been thinking very hard about upgrading to V2 with a 20 degree Wooki. Because the system is so modular, I'll probably hold off (for now) on the UQP and top cover.

I have other hammocks but I think I'll always have a XLC.
    Last edited by TominMN; 02-24-2020 at 20:04.

Images
    Ha, thanks! I would like to have a Diamondback, not gonna lie. I'm pretty well covered (har..) for TQs and have spread that out across multiple vendors but have never had one from WB.

The Wooki is a great piece and it's a tie for the simplest UQ to set up that I've used. You literally just clip it to the CLs at each end. The reason I say it's a tie is that the (Arrowhead Equipment) synthetic UQ I have for the Ridgerunner is just as simple and also requires no further adjustment.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I didn't like the way the hammock fitted inside the bug net and uqp, so I sent the uqp to 2qzq, she removed the zippers added shock cord down the sides with cord locks and loops of grograin on each end, I attach it to the suspension with s-biners. She did it for like $20.00 ish. I love it.
    I prefer having the bug net to keep everything in the hammock, without it stuff would fall into the bottom of the uqp for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kac1269 View Post
    I didn't like the way the hammock fitted inside the bug net and uqp, so I sent the uqp to 2qzq, she removed the zippers added shock cord down the sides with cord locks and loops of grograin on each end, I attach it to the suspension with s-biners. She did it for like $20.00 ish. I love it.
    I prefer having the bug net to keep everything in the hammock, without it stuff would fall into the bottom of the uqp for me!
    That's the beauty of the UQP with the two zipper option.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    That's the beauty of the UQP with the two zipper option.
    It wasn't an option yet with mine

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie and LL TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Good evening hammockers, I just got my dream-tex Eldorado along with their UQP and I would like to ask for some tips & tricks from those with warbonnets UQP experience. I would like to know which under quilts are being used and or preferred and if zipping the top cover or net is way to go? My only initial concern is the ample sag I’m thinking may often make contact with the ground but all pointers are welcome?

Thanks in advance.
    UQP.jpg
    I have the original one zipper version of the UQP and usually just use the ribbon ties. It hangs low but doesn't touch the ground. Adjusting where you tie the ends helps with excessive sag. Since I only take an UQP if weather is nasty or bitter, I rarely bother zipping to the bugnet as it feels tedious and I'm lazy. I use the bug net even in winter because it prevents me from scattering the woods with hammock contents. I'll usually unzip a couple foot section around my upper body and flip it over the ridgeline for a more open feel.

• + New Posts