Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10
    Insulation
    NeoAirXtherm+Down
    Suspension
    None: grounded
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I use them when it gets about 20 or lower ( not too often around here ). When it gets that cold I normally leave my pants on while sleeping, I will place a hand warmer in each of the two front pant pockets as these pockets normally lay over two major arteries and help spread the heat.
    I have to give this a try next time I'm out.
    Sioux Hustler Trail 2020, Angleworm Trail, 2021, PowWow Trail clearing 2021, and any weekend overnight I can get.

I use them a lot for hunting, so I can't imagine they wouldn't work great in a hammock, though I have never done it. Sleeping on the ground I have taken the ones that have adhesive on the back and stuck it to my inner thigh, that way it stays put during the night as I roll around. Also good to stick one on your lower back near the kidneys. I buy them in bulk, they are not name brand, but they seem to work just as good as the 'Hot Hands' brand names ones.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    I tried a pair of USB rechargable hand warmers I found on Amazon. Not for my quilts, never found a need for that, but for my boots. They worked really well for hands and last a long time if you use it intermittently, plus can charge my tablet from it too.

Like I said, mine was cheap Amazon crap. so quality is hit or miss. of the two I got, one lasts twice as long as the other, they both have a vibration mode "for when Aunt Goddess comes" and "Warm palace" that was not even among the features as listed on Amazon. one vibrates half the speed as the other one, and ladies I'm fairly certain your "warm palace" would find it useless at either speed, though, I'm no expert in vibrating massagers. Still it was almost worth the $20 ea just for the bad translation of the operating instructions. but I'll save you that $20 by including the photo that I shared on social media.

as for warming the boots... maybe if you have an hour before you want to put them on and you remember to put them in, but if your like me and you roll out of the hammock and into your boots, they won't warm them fast enough because you can't get the direct contact between the boot and the warmer like you can holding in your hands. but the warming definitely does the job in your hands or against your belly, And I use then to charge my tablet all of the time.
    Last edited by WalksIn2Trees; 03-07-2020 at 10:46.

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Tarp
    DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I use them when it gets about 20 or lower ( not too often around here ). When it gets that cold I normally leave my pants on while sleeping, I will place a hand warmer in each of the two front pant pockets as these pockets normally lay over two major arteries and help spread the heat.
    I did this exact thing this past weekend while scout camping. Worked well.

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    1/2 in tubular web
    On a backpacking trip a couple of weeks ago, I was obliged to take off my boots and wade two streams (knee deep) with a 1/4 mi. hike in between. Temps were low 20's until the sun went down... then a brisk 17 degrees. Needless to say, my tootsies were still chilled when i got into my hammock. i wrapped an iron oxide handwarmer in my sweater and tossed the whole thing into the footbox of by bag. Wiggled my toes into the folds of the sweater and aaaahhhhhh... my toes were happy all night long! I didn't notice any dust coming off the warmer, but i didn't really think to look for it.
    There's no such thing as bad weather... just bad gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234