Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 0 TQ, HG 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Straps
    Images

FL, Sherpa Hang, Gator Hole, at Greenswamo Wilderness Preserve

What a great time seeing old friends and new! Thank you so very much OldDog for always being so amazing. You outdid yourself on the fatpine fire! ...And TY to the rest of the gang for fun, education and some much needed laughs and relaxation.
    I wanted to post the photos as my trip report, before life gets busy again on a Monday... They tell a visual story/trip report of thier own
    (Please take whatever photos you wish for your own share, as these are also posted on my FB page). Enjoy!
    Hope to see you all at the next one!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Sheltowee 1/2 Shell
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 0 TQ, HG 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Straps
    Images

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Very nice pics, Marlene.

Thank yall for helping my wife have a great time. She's looking forward to the little warmer Spring Fling next month.

Although we only had a 1 nighter, it was a wonderful night. Since my wife doesn't like the cold, she's glad we missed the previous night which was in the upper 30's. Sat night was in the mid 40's.

Thanks Lamar. That fire was medicinal for me. I like the long fire on top of the fire ring. Good stuff.

We truly need to make a Florida Sherpa to bring out our Dutch Oven and maybe a cooler with some bubbly. This is a wonderful location with great trees. My wife is already looking forward to next year's Sherpa Hang. I'm sure she will chime in with a bunch of pics.

Also, anyone see the temps for this upcoming weekend? Thinking of Hidden Pond would be nice in the upper 30's and lower 40's.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Very nice photos, and a great location for the outdoors. Our hang on the Potomac river this past weekend was 21F, so I would have gladly taken your 30ish degree temps!! That said, my wife opted out of our hang due to the frigid temps...it was still a great hang though, and tested my ability to stay warm....that hang being the 2020 Chili Butt Hang organised by HF member Uphill

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I know I enjoyed my 3 nights and 3.5 days in the woods with old and four new friends. Welcome to Ken, Johnny, Ryan, and Karen. I enjoyed the cooler weather and a chance to try out some of my new wool layers that I've never had to use before, I sold one wool for both summer and winter wear here in Florida. I'm looking forward to the March hang if the date and locations ever gets nailed down.

PS: Just as I was about to leave the parking lots, I noticed a pair of Day Glow Shoe Laces talking to Jason, yes it was Florida Trail Blazer getting ready to hit the trail. Be on the lookout for his newest video, soon!!
    Last edited by O-Boy; 02-24-2020 at 12:34. Reason: anding a PS

Hammock
    Chrysalis
    Insulation
    handmade TQ
    Had a great time! It was good seeing some familiar faces and meeting those I've not met before.
    I'm glad I was able to get out with Floridahanger for a short stay. Thanks for making it a fun trip!

Floridahanger and I stopped at Sea World for a bit on the way home, too, so it was a relaxing and full weekend.

Here are a few of the pics, love that I was able to get cool sun flare pics with just my cell.
    Hope to make it to another soon if schedule allows. 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    What a great weekend! Started out on a lower key with just a few of us able to make Thursday night. Then began the Friday evening arrivals. Continued until we had a presentable group following the Saturday morning arrivals. Some old friends not seen in awhile, some old friends seen on every hang, unfortunately some old friends unable to make it. And some new friends! Ken, Johnny and Ryan and Karen. It was a pleasure having y'all join us. Hope to share more woods time with all of you.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Thanks Lamar. That fire was medicinal for me. I like the long fire on top of the fire ring. Good stuff.
    We found that last year. That is the only fire pit any of us can recall that deep.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    HG w/zippered net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Economy quilts.
    Suspension
    DG Spider/poly+BBs
    Hello everybody! What a great weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute in the woods, and I could not have spent it with a better group of people. Thanks everyone for your friendly acceptance of “a new guy,” for sharing some very tasty food and for all the good conversations. I learned quite a bit. Hope to see you again soon! JohnY
    99E22A31-53A8-4078-A43B-F36D52ACAEBE.jpeg

Hammock
    HG w/zippered net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Economy quilts.
    Suspension
    DG Spider/poly+BBs
    There are so many excellent pictures being posted...thanks for sharing! Here are a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast