DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I hit the road at 3:12am and met a couple other hangers for breffus at the local spot. It was 15° with good snow; finally a nice winter trip (for the first 2.5 days). We got right down to hauling in the gear on toboggans and set up by noon if I recall. It was time for a wood run, water, organize, the usual stuff. It was certainly hot tent city at GT this year. This was my second trip out with the Smokehouse and it all went like clockwork. It definitely takes more effort, but still a very easy, enjoyable time in the woods.

The food was amazing as usual. Great company, great weather, green timbers. Already looking forward to next year!

I just ordered some more stainless mesh to make a new spark arrestor since I totally fried mine; she was running good and hot at 110%.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit
    Sounds like you had a great menu!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead
    Cold cold cold!!!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Looks like you guys had another great trip this year. OneClick, hope you're feeling better. We need to grab lunch sometime soon buddy!
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
    OneClick, hope you're feeling better. We need to grab lunch sometime soon buddy!
    Still nauseous as hell...no fun. Lunch works for me anytime!

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    Cold cold cold!!!
    From what I was told, around the campfire: Monday nite, the lucky 4 campers onsite reported -10* F on 2x thermometers so probably pretty close. Wednesday, Thursday were mid-teens during the day and 8* F overnite, with multiple confirmations from around camp, think 9x onsite Wed nite, 17x onsite Thur nite. The weekend was positively warm, with temps reaching low 40's daytime and just below freezing at night.

Depends on what you like in a winter camp. Most of us prefer a little colder than warmer, but we are well geared, experienced, and have a plethora of hot tents which gives us confidence when the temps drop low. Besides we all acclimate quickly as our bodies adjust to outdoor living. I slept better the two colder nights, a little restless the warmer nights.

It was an interesting trip in regards to the setups, everyone does it differently. Seeing everyones setup is very educational. Only heard of a couple people feeling a bit cool on the cold nights. They also were using loaner gear and not 100pct dialed into their setup. My setup continues to evolve and was very pleasant this trip. A warm hammock before falling asleep is quite nice. The temp drops quickly without a hot stove going, but the initial warmth makes it pleasant jumping into bed and relaxing.

I don't think anyone complained about lack of food or drink. Camp was very relaxed and relatively quiet most of the time, even with 23 campers. The large campfire and tripod cooking setup proved their worth again this year. I really cannot think of anything I'd change at this point, maybe hot running water and a better toilet setup?? /Smile

Thanks again to all who made the trek into Green Timbers 2020 and joined the fun!!

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Looks like a great camp again . You guys sure k now how to eat well .

Quote Originally Posted by riverjoe View Post
    Looks like a great camp again . You guys sure k now how to eat well .
    We pride ourselves on our glutinous appetites. We will fast until we ramp up for the October Gluttony Hang. Maybe not, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. I need some trail time to work off this winter spare tire I'm dragging around.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12