Hammock
    LSOH WUL, TE BRIDGE HM
    Tarp
    LSOH RAZOR, WB SF
    Insulation
    LSOH Toasters !
    Suspension
    MyersTech Evos BH
    Just Bill's Happy Medium Bridge fits my 11.5' LSOH Razor and my 11' WB Superfly perfectly (no door gap whatsoever), if that's of help

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey, Sam. You might remember that years ago I ordered a Wilderness Logics Old Man Winter tarp in 13.5 ft length. I got it right after Keith got his. It fits my Ridge Runner perfectly with completely closed doors. It's heavy, though, at 38.8 oz w/ lines. But, like others have said, the RR is also heavy. I only use this now when car camping or very short hike in.

I know you have been trying to lighten your load lately. You know my backpacking setup. I do not feel I have compromised any comfort at all with my DIY 11- foot gathered- end. I don't know how my HG Winter Palace would work with the RR but the ridgeline is only 12 ft. Regardless, I wouldn't want to risk a puncture in heavy wind or just plain clumsiness. That thing was just too darn expensive.

Also, I've been less inclined lately to completely close off the tarp in the winter due to condensation issues. Instead, I try to orient my tarp to block wind as much as possible but keep something open for air flow. Also, my UQP from 2QZQ has really helped block heat loss from wind that does come in.

Feel free to text me if you have more questions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12