WB RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    SF
    Insulation
    20 Burrow/lynx uq
    Suspension
    std WB strapes

Dyneema tarp for Ridgerunner Bridge hammock

Currently using superfly which is great, but doors don't completely close for winter protection. Looking for dyneema tarp maker with doors that will close completely. Does anyone know one?

Images
    You'll probably need a 13' tarp, and I'm not aware of a maker. Maybe contact Dutch and see if they can accommodate your request.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I've thought about a dyneema tarp for my Ridgerunner, but I think that the benefit from internal pole mods outweighs the benefit of saving weight with dyneema. It's not like a bridge setup is UL anyways. The internal pole mods make a huge difference opening a tarp up for spreader bars. I would look at a SLD tarp (13' if you want the dogbones completely inside or 12' if you don't mind a little exposed and the doors not completely close). I have a 12' Winter Haven with all 3 pole mods and a 13' Wind Haven with the pole mods to match the Ridgerunner and 75% of the time I take the hit from the weight and carry the Winter Haven.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    Currently using superfly which is great, but doors don't completely close for winter protection. Looking for dyneema tarp maker with doors that will close completely. Does anyone know one?
    When you say the doors don't close all the way do you mean because the straps from the RR are pushing them apart? Just got my superfly recently and very limited testing, but so far the doors overlap completely other than where the straps go through.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well they aren't "straps"; they are the Amsteel suspension that forms a triangle with the spreader pole. the two lines (2 per end) come together with about a recommended 13 feet distance. As such, they create a small separation at the top of doors on tarps less than 13 ft. Another consideration is the panel pulls of most tarps are not positioned at the wider part of the Ridge Runner. That's why WarBonnet moved the location of their panel pulls on the 13 ft SuperFly option.

That said, For a few years I've used a less than 13 ft SuperFly with a Ridge Runner. The small opening at the top of the doors hasn't been a problem (though I've never been in a fierce storm with it) and the panel pulls greatly increase the interior space even if they aren't optimally spaced.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 02-22-2020 at 19:47.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I think that a 12' tarp is fine leaving just a little opening. Even if water runs down the exposed dog bone ends, it is easy to fix. Opening the tarp up from either the panel pulls or an internal pole mod makes all the difference with a bridge, though. I've seen somebody poke a hole in a tarp with the end of a spreader bar.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    My HammockGear Palace was built for bridge hammocks, with the side pullouts positioned closer to the ends of the tarp, but the doors don't close fully by design. Nothing to do with the bridge suspension.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    DigiSuperfly
    Insulation
    UGQ/DIYTQ
    Suspension
    straps/buckles
    I'm in the same boat. Love the superfly but that gap at the ends with the RR would be nice if it could be eliminated.

Could you not add a third door, a triangle of fabric clipped to the ridge in between the dog bones and the down to the bottom of the doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Bothwell Voyageur View Post
    Could you not add a third door, a triangle of fabric clipped to the ridge in between the dog bones and the down to the bottom of the doors?
    That would be interesting to see. I've always been a gathered end fan, but I've checked out a couple of the bridge hammocks at group hang and there's something about the overall length of the suspension that I'm not a fan of.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast