Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do you fold it neatly, roll it up, or just start grabbing and stuffing when you put it in the stuff sack?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12'
    Insulation
    HG Econ/Tiaga 360
    Suspension
    Straps and UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Do you fold it neatly, roll it up, or just start grabbing and stuffing when you put it in the stuff sack?
    I squeeze some air out and put a small random ish fold in the end (mostly to stop the air going into the stuff sack) and then stuff and squeeze like a crazy person. It actually stuffs pretty easy if I remember to open the other end a little to help the air escape. I tend to stuff everything to avoid undue wear 'n tear due to repeated folding on the same lines.

LearnedHat,

I see what you are wanting now. FWIW, the set up I explained above, ends up looking like Chesapeake's Hammock Sleeve, in his video. I can do this without another piece of gear, as long as I deploy my Underquilt Protector and enclose the whole shebang in the UQP.

The pluses for the bought sleeve or my ghetto sleeve, is that using both methods keeps the wind from making your hammock a parachute.

It appears that Chesapeake's setup is waterproof. That is pretty sweet. My tied up 2QZQ UQP is not waterproof, just water resistant.

I leave the carabiners on each end of the hammock, when I pack the whole hammock system into my ghetto sleeve. I then just tie the biners off to my tree webbing to set up for the night.

The hammock sleeve is great for thwarting theft, as mentioned above. However if you think of it, if your not in camp, it also makes the setup easier to steal.

Have a good day.

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 XL
    Tarp
    WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dyneema/MSH
    I had just been using a two ended bishop bag until recently but decided to sew a catch-all sack from RSBTR silpoly membrane. So far I like it. It really does make setup and take down much faster and it holds my 20 degree top and bottom quilts as well as bug net, pillow, and ridge line organizer all in place and ready to go. With silpoly Its mostly protected from the elements as well.
    Last edited by Dutchm; 03-04-2020 at 14:12.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12