Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    It may be helpful to keep the HYOH in perspective. Not all hammocks meet the desired niche. I won't think of lugging my DL DH Sparrow on a backpacking trip, nor turning my UL Hammocktent 90 degree into an every night sleeper. That is to say, my 90*, or my SL WBBB XLC, are for lugging about the mountains and my DL DH Sparrow is one of my primary nightly sleeper, backyard lounger, or truck camping hammock. Having said that, it will be interesting to see where Dutch takes the overall Clark design, perhaps even produces a variety of models, aka 'a hammock in every pot'.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    This is great news for the hammocking community!!
    The old school powerhouse and the new school approach come together under committed, integrity-guided leadership. Good luck Dutch and to the Dutchware Team!
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Clarks have a reputation as very strong but heavy. Conservative after the initial groundbreaking patents many years ago, while your brand seems a bit more improvisational/innovative. I also wonder whether the designs could benefit from any updating in cut, materials, features. Do you have plans afoot already in these areas, or are you focused first on replicating exactly as previously built, maybe to prove to longtime Clark fans that you’re a good student, worthy steward etc? Conversely, do you foresee Clark IP making its way into Dutch originals?
    There have been thousands of people who have loved their Clark Hammocks just the way they are. So it was my first goal to duplicate the existing product line. I purchased the company right around the first of the year and we have been working feverishly to build stock and get the process streamlined. We still have 2 or three hammocks to add to the line up. Then I can start working on new Clark products. The first thing I want is to make an ultralight Clark. Basically lighter materials with their flexible poles and under storage pockets. I will probably make the weathershield removable. Along with the brand name and designs, I purchased their unique patents including the flexible spreader bar. This give me new ways to grow, not only Dutchware, but also I can build on what Gary Clark has been doing for years.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    There have been thousands of people who have loved their Clark Hammocks just the way they are. So it was my first goal to duplicate the existing product line. I purchased the company right around the first of the year and we have been working feverishly to build stock and get the process streamlined. We still have 2 or three hammocks to add to the line up. Then I can start working on new Clark products. The first thing I want is to make an ultralight Clark. Basically lighter materials with their flexible poles and under storage pockets. I will probably make the weathershield removable. Along with the brand name and designs, I purchased their unique patents including the flexible spreader bar. This give me new ways to grow, not only Dutchware, but also I can build on what Gary Clark has been doing for years.
    A huge thumbs up on all of that. I can't see any downsides to this at all.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Way to go Dutch.
    Indeed...
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Exactly the type of response I was expecting to hear from you. Congratulations, Dutch! I hope this works well and you continue to have strong demand or the different lines you will have to offer. A ultralight Clark would be a great option for trips where going to ground might be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123