Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for opinions on Trailheadz Wraith UL

I am currently using a Chameleon but looking to cut some weight out of my pack. I cam across the Trailheadz Wraith UL. Its a Monolite 10.5' x 58" hammock that weighs less than 10oz! Has anyone used this before? It is comfortable?

https://www.trailheadzhammocks.com/product-page/wraith

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Have you tried a monolite fabric hammock before? I think it becomes a trust issue with any UL fabric. Especially if your doing overnights (multi) hikes.

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    I own the "non" UL Version. Miine weighs in at and astoundingly heavy 12.1oz. 11'
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Dream Darien, TrailHeadz Wraith
    Tarp
    CRO, HG DCF
    Insulation
    CRO sets
    Suspension
    1.4 uhmwpe+beckets

TrailHeadz Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by canada_doug View Post
    I am currently using a Chameleon but looking to cut some weight out of my pack. I cam across the Trailheadz Wraith UL. Its a Monolite 10.5' x 58" hammock that weighs less than 10oz! Has anyone used this before? It is comfortable?

https://www.trailheadzhammocks.com/product-page/wraith

I have the 2nd Wraith made and my friend Rainman has the 1st one. Had it out at HangCon '20 this year showing it off. The hammock is incredibly well constructed and super comfortable, which I was a bit concerned with as it's 10.5 and not 11'. I'm 6' 190 and don't feel squeezed up in it or anything. Everyone who tried it out liked it and if I'd not told them it was 10.5 I don't think they'd even know. The material is stronger and way less stretchy than you would think. I'm not terribly concerned with it ripping any more than the materials in my other hammocks.

I find it as comfortable as my chameleons and up there with my favorite hammock the Dream Darien in 1.3 MTN XL.

9.9oz of floating on a cloud!

If you have any specific questions, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by cfx69 View Post
    I have the 2nd Wraith made and my friend Rainman has the 1st one. Had it out at HangCon '20 this year showing it off. The hammock is incredibly well constructed and super comfortable, which I was a bit concerned with as it's 10.5 and not 11'. I'm 6' 190 and don't feel squeezed up in it or anything. Everyone who tried it out liked it and if I'd not told them it was 10.5 I don't think they'd even know. The material is stronger and way less stretchy than you would think. I'm not terribly concerned with it ripping any more than the materials in my other hammocks.

I find it as comfortable as my chameleons and up there with my favorite hammock the Dream Darien in 1.3 MTN XL.

9.9oz of floating on a cloud!

If you have any specific questions, let me know!
    That is great to hear! I am definately buying this hammock! The owner of Trailheadz, John, is also a great guy and reached out to me with a whole bunch of information. This is going to be great to cut my pack weight.

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    There's a couple vendors that are working with the Monolite fabric. I've toured the Trailheadz Shop and was beyond impressed with the staffs' attention to detail. From John running the shop on down the Caleb and dodger picking up the trash. Centered around clean organization and a center cutting table unlike I've ever seen before. His sewing skills are only exceeded by his lovely wife Karen and they work well as a pair.

the wraith is snuggly. I'm 6' and 200# so I'm right at the suggested limit of the fabric. It feels secure and solid. although it is stretchy but it's an immediate stretch not an overtime stretch. I feel confident in the material holding up. I am a bit leery on how it performs once mosquito season hits. and yes it will get a permethrin treatment!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Tarp
    CRO, HG DCF
    Insulation
    CRO sets
    Suspension
    1.4 uhmwpe+beckets
    That is great to hear! I am definately buying this hammock! The owner of Trailheadz, John, is also a great guy and reached out to me with a whole bunch of information. This is going to be great to cut my pack weight.

Doug,

Yessir, John is a great guy. He messaged me this morning that you were seeking out information from people that actually own and use the Wraith so I came here to help.

The hammock has really made a great impression on folks after they've seen it in person. Rainman was just out with our friend Mark Ortan (Spiguyver Backpacking) and he liked it enough to order one as well.

Mark had done a review on a custom TrailHeadz 1.0 HyperD he had made prior that's on his youtube channel. You can get an idea of the work the Rammels do from it if your curious.

I hope you like yours as much as I do mine! Sub 10oz is just insane for a netted hammock w/ridgeline and organizer! I did forget to mention the zipper is single side, centered 3/4 length. It's not hampered me in any way and you can still use the hammock seated in it like chair without any problem.

D..

Quote Originally Posted by cfx69 View Post
    Doug,

Yessir, John is a great guy. He messaged me this morning that you were seeking out information from people that actually own and use the Wraith so I came here to help.

The hammock has really made a great impression on folks after they've seen it in person. Rainman was just out with our friend Mark Ortan (Spiguyver Backpacking) and he liked it enough to order one as well.

Mark had done a review on a custom TrailHeadz 1.0 HyperD he had made prior that's on his youtube channel. You can get an idea of the work the Rammels do from it if your curious.

I hope you like yours as much as I do mine! Sub 10oz is just insane for a netted hammock w/ridgeline and organizer! I did forget to mention the zipper is single side, centered 3/4 length. It's not hampered me in any way and you can still use the hammock seated in it like chair without any problem.

D..
    Purchase complete!!! Next project...a new Dyneema tarp with doors....

Hammock
    Tarp
    CRO, HG DCF
    Insulation
    CRO sets
    Suspension
    1.4 uhmwpe+beckets
    Purchase complete!!! Next project...a new Dyneema tarp with doors....
    Nice! That's my UL setup. The wraith, hg 11' dcf standard doored. Fully rigged = sub 2#.

Enjoy!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast