Hi from WI/MI border

First i want to say to the HF community to give your thoughts to HF's Rick Towle who's parents had a house fire recently. I sent a note to Rick about how to get activated and learned he was dealing with family challenges and I just want to stress again that family comes first! If you have a HF issue please be patient.

I started with hammocks a couple years ago during the total eclipse and fell in love with hanging. I have been a tent camper all my life and experienced great discomfort sleeping on the ground. What a relief after hanging in Panther's Den Wilderness in S. Illinois! I'm all in. Mostly a DIYer, but, I did recently purchase a newer hammock as the nine foot hammock I purchased a couple years ago just didn't work so well. My new eleven footer is a dream. I'll be posting about a couple questions I have about my set-up after this and hope some experienced folks can direct me to some solutions. If you are taking a N. Wisco or UP camping trip I'd be interested in details. After a couple winter over-nighters in the near future I'll be doing some stretches of the nct in the western and central UP.

Tim

Images
    Welcome Tim. I live near Chicago, but usually make it at least once a year with my buddies to a fishing spot not too far from Norway, MI. Just a few miles over the border.

Thanks cmc4free! If I stand on my house roof and look east I can see Norway (I'm in Niagara). Matter of fact my Pa-in-law grew up on Belgiumtown Road. You don't have to reveal your secret fishing spot!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler, Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, woopies,
    Images
    Hi Nafooey,

I just did a weekend overnight in the Sylvannia Wilderness. We hiked in from the Southeast corner and broke trail up to Fisher 1 & 2 and made a nice camp for the night. Hiked out across Crooked Lake up to the Entrance Station. Beautiful spot! Don't tell anyone about it
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Marthe Troly-Curtin

Quote Originally Posted by robfishman View Post
    Hi Nafooey,

I just did a weekend overnight in the Sylvannia Wilderness. We hiked in from the Southeast corner and broke trail up to Fisher 1 & 2 and made a nice camp for the night. Hiked out across Crooked Lake up to the Entrance Station. Beautiful spot! Don't tell anyone about it
    It is a beautiful spot. Nice thing is it is not crowded. I've canoed/camped there a few times when my kids were young. Another fine spot is Big Island Lake. It's northeast of Escanaba, south of Munising. If you want a very remote experience with few people Big Island Lake is a good choice.

Tim

• + New Posts