Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I don't keep my dog on a leash or lead at night........He does not wander off.
    if I could do that I would but being a husky my dog would be long gone when I wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Eno makes this really cool bug net with full floor on it, would be great as a bug net/dog containment area! https://www.rei.com/product/895879/e...e-camp-bug-net
    grand trunk makes one also, but they are not made for a 10ft/11ft hammocks and the grand trunk one is a pain to set up (and the look of this one probably is too), plus the Eno one weighs in at 2lb 12oz
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    to many to list
    Suspension
    straps cinch buckl
    Images
    I use a Pet Palace from Cave Creek. My dog is a 95 Bernese and there is enough room. Surprisingly the unit isn't very heavy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I run some cord between the two trees I'm hanging from, then I attach my dog's leash to this cord with a carabiner. This gives him a sort of trolley, with lots of room to roam, while keeping him contained. It's very lightweight, and effective, at least for dogs that don't pull too much.

Attachment 179897
    Exactly what I do, too...run some lash-it (Gray zing-it) between same two trees I’m hanging from and snap a short length of mule tape to it trolly style. Mule tape is easier on the legs if my dog gets a leg wrapped in it than paracord or amsteel is...though, I’m usually using a short enough length of mule tape that the dog isn’t likely to get tangled, I also keep it short enough that the dog can’t inadvertently pull up my tarp stakes. When needed(such as when multiple dogs tied to the same line), I limit how much of the trolley line the dog has use of by prussicking a loop of lash-it to the trolley line and snapping the mule tape’s carabiner to the stationary loop instead of directly to the trolley line.

(I don’t loop my dog line (lashit) directly around the tree as I do with my tarp ridgeline. Instead I use tree straps, same as my hammock. Might be a needless safeguard, but I figure it’s gentler on the trees.)

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I don't keep mine on a leash or tie out at night as the first time I did so, Sam pulled up all the tarp stakes within reach while he walked about. He will not stay in a hammock and will not sleep in his pup tent. Likes to sleep under my hammock.

Originally Posted by TallPaul
    Sam might move your car if you tied him to it.

What do you mean..... "might?"

Sam is a big boy but not that big
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    In remote areas, I don't tie him. It is fun to hear him running around, splashing, and basically having a great time all night.

If I feel I need to keep him close, I carabiner his leash to one end of my hammock suspension. This gives him some room for the leash to slide along the suspension without having the leash so long that he gets himself tied up. Normally he just lays under my hammock.

He hasn't woke me up, but I figure if he got over-excited over anything he would (and I likely would want him to).
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    I use some cord between a couple of trees and a carabiner hooked to her leash. It gives a bit of a dog run in the area where we're camping.

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LynxT-JRB HG
    Suspension
    strap/buckle
    I will usually run a line under and inline with my hammock and hook to her harness with some shock chord and mini beaner. I tried the free run line but it just freaks her out and gets wrapped up so with a little bit of pull of the shock chord she can mosey a little back and forth on the line and find a happy spot,60lb giant schnauzer not massive but, she' not a runner if she get some feed back stays pretty chill hence the shock chord.
    WHAT MAP

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123