View Poll Results: What shopping style best describes your hammock gear purchases

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Onestop Shopping

2 7.41%
  • Muliple stop shopping

14 51.85%
  • Vendor Specific shopping

5 18.52%
  • Activity specific shopping

13 48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I voted multi-stop, but not knowing exactly the meaning of it, activity specific might have been a better choice(?) I'm not really sure I'm getting the question either.

Hanging is really just a "part" of the outdoor experience, for me, so I don't think any one store/vendor is really capable of filling every need... and probably shouldn't try to. Each has their strong suits while others are better equipped to fill other needs. Diversification is, generally, a good thing but there is also the risk of over diversification which the majority of the cottage vendors likely wouldn't be able to successfully support. The "big guys" survive more on targeting a range of different market shares within the various different departments they offer. It's a "doable" strategy from a business stand-point, but their offerings are hit-and-miss within any one specific market share. No one can really cover "all" market shares across "all" departments and remain financially viable.

Strictly speaking hammock gear, and looking at my own setups, nearly every component is from different vendors. I do have "preferred" vendors (and ones I tend to avoid) that I will look at first when shopping, but I'm more driven by what will best suit my needs vs. vendor loyalty. Expanding outward from strictly hammocking interests the circle is just ever widening. Ie., I'm a casual hiker, climber, all-weather camper, hunter and angler who likes extended remote camping... in a hammock. I'm sure I'm not alone in diversified interests that just happen to "intersect" with hanging and there really isn't any one store/vendor that's going to be able to fill all of my wants/needs.

I don't see that changing any time in the future and don't really see any need for any one vendor to try.

Well i voted for activity specific but could have been multi-stop shopping just as easily. I hunt,fish, camp(car), backpack, paddle canoes/ kayaks(both hand made) and sleep in a hammock every nite so my purchases are activity driven and usually are geared for the coming season's. ie; for an upcoming paddle/ hunting trip (4 day 3 nite) I will be going through my respective kits and see if I need/want to upgrade any items. ?
    Now if you are asking about hammock/camping related purchases specifically then it would be the multi-stop shopping since I will check all the local venders from here and see what offerings they have specific to my needs.
    Last edited by ylnfrt; 02-12-2020 at 02:18.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Everything I buy is centered around my hammock.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12