WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

tenacious tape question

Here's an off the wall question for you----I want to modify/reinforce an existing underquilit---with out taking it apart. Can I use tenacious tape? What I had in mind was sticking the tape to the area I want to reinforce, and sewing one edge of the tape to the edge of the quilt. Is it possible to sew through the tape? (and are there different types of tenacious tape? If so, which type would be good for this application?) Thanks!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I've got tenacious tape patches on some down garments in places where I wondered if it would be tenacious enough to resist further wear and abuse. Well, so far (more than a year in some cases - and this is for items worn daily this time of year - it works. Don't sew it if it's not needed. The other argument - not gumming up your sewing machine - also supports this approach. I have sewn sticky things in the past, but always cleaned up with solvent immediately afterward. Thread can't pass through a gummed up needle eye as easily as a rich man can get into heaven.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I've got tenacious tape patches on some down garments in places where I wondered if it would be tenacious enough to resist further wear and abuse. Well, so far (more than a year in some cases - and this is for items worn daily this time of year - it works. Don't sew it if it's not needed. The other argument - not gumming up your sewing machine - also supports this approach. I have sewn sticky things in the past, but always cleaned up with solvent immediately afterward. Thread can't pass through a gummed up needle eye as easily as a rich man can get into heaven.
    Right on both points.

• + New Posts